flv files not playing

by Laura LaRain -
Number of replies: 5
The flv filter IS enabled

Under <add a resources><link to a file or website>
I create a link to the file
When clicked, the player opens but does not begin
click 'play' button once...nothing happens
click 'play' button twice...player perpetually spins and never loads or plays video

also tried <add a resource><link to a file or website>
When clicked, same thing happens as above
player opens and perpetually spins.

The file plays fine when I play it off of my local computer.

This same process works great when I do the same with a wmv file

Does anyone have any helpful ideas?

Thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Laura LaRain

Re: flv files not playing

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
We've been here before, I remember, and it still doesn't seem resolved sad What happens if you embed it into a webpage using that method I screencasted- will it not play then (providing you have flv filter enabled etc etc)?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Laura LaRain -
Yes Mary it's still unresolved and no one else has offered any suggestions.

Neither linking to the file or embedding it in a web page using your suggestion works. Either way the same result with the player opening but never loading the video. If the filter is not enabled, the player does not appear, so I know it's set properly. The same result happens when using FF3, IE, safari and Chrome browsers.

Like I said above, either method works fine for a wmv file.

But now I have another annoying issue with the wmv file in FF3. The player starts to open at the proper size, then resizes, making the height way to small. It compresses the file to look like an anamorphic 1960's cowboy movie. Ugh.

In reply to Laura LaRain

by Ruben Fonseca -
Kevin,
what are you using to create your flv?

In reply to Ruben Fonseca

by Laura LaRain -
A program called "Allok Video to FLV Converter"

As I said in the previous post, a wmv file converted with this program plays fine using winamp when the file is viewed off of my pc.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
In reply to Laura LaRain

by Ruben Fonseca -
Just to rule out a possible problem with your application. Try to use this flv. Another question: Dors Allok produce a single flv file that you are uploading?

Another possibility: There was a recent bug that was very similar to this situation that occurred with Articulate Presenter. The player would launch, but the flash content would not load. It turns out that the Articulate application used a method of flash detection that was no longer used in the latest flash plugin.