Change Default Questions Category

Change Default Questions Category

by Ingrid Gustafson -
Number of replies: 3
Does anyone know of a way to change the default questions category? When I'm importing questions or editing a quiz, I am always brought back to one of my categories from Chapter 2. I'd like to be able to change the default category for whatever unit I am currently working on so that I won't have to search through the entire list of categories for the correct unit.

I'm using Moodle 1.9

Thanks!

Ingrid
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ingrid Gustafson

Re: Change Default Questions Category

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I think it just takes the first top-level category it finds that is associated with the course. (Here, first probably means the one that was created first.)

The only way to change it would be to dive into the code. I think there is a function somewhere called something like get_default_category.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Ingrid Gustafson -
Hi Tim,

That's what I was afraid of. It seems as though the one it has chosen is the category that was created first. When doing extensive work importing and organizing questions for quizzes it becomes tedious to scroll through all categories and it would be so much easier to just reset the default that appears first.

It's not a mission-critical feature, but helps with usability.

Thanks!
In reply to Ingrid Gustafson

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Please create a feature request in the tracker. As you say, not a big deal, but also worth making sure we don't forget about.