Userless Quiz Submission

Userless Quiz Submission

by Lev Abramov -
Number of replies: 3
Hi all.

I have just encountered a mysterious phenomenon. Plz see the attached screenshot.

Someone managed to submit a quiz without revealing their true identity! I did not know that was possible - but then, this is the newest, latest Moodle version, what do I know.

Not only that - one of the attempts has been graded - and I know this is the first time I am opening this quiz's results, so this was not I - but I am the only moderator.

what sort of a poltergeist is that?

TIA -

Lev
Attachment Screenshot_001.gif
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lev Abramov

Re: Userless Quiz Submission

by Jonathan Fjelstrom -
Lev,

I think these attempts are all taken by "gombo guy," one right after the other. Click on his score to verify that he did take the quiz 3 times.

The grading is automatically done, and the highest is highlighted. The other attempt (open) hasn't been submitted, so it is not graded yet. Gombo guy has 3 attempts, but only 1 high score, hence only 1 graded.

Hope this helps.

Jonathan
In reply to Jonathan Fjelstrom

by Lev Abramov -
It certainly does - thanx Jonathan!

If I were awake at the time of reviewing the scores I would have noticed the time difference between the neighboring attempts... smile

However, omitting the username in repeated attempt records in the list is probably not such a good idea - it does not save anyone any money smile but is a bit confusing. Now that I know how to interpret it I can live with it, of course...

And - you won't believe it - the guy's name really is Guy and his last name is really Gombo. In our corner of the world people can live with that.

LOL

Cheers -

L
In reply to Lev Abramov

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Lev > omitting the username in repeated attempt records in the list is probably not such a good idea

I don't agree. Once you know how the system works* I find it clearer to omit the repeated student names.

Joseph

* Once you realize that those are not "phantom" students, as you realized through this discussion.wink