Error when using the Check button

Error when using the Check button

by Ali Close -
Number of replies: 3

I've uploaded a JMatch quiz to Moodle (1.9.2) but when the Check button in the quiz is clicked, I get an error:

Could not insert attempt details record: Table 'moodle.mdl_hotpot_details' doesn't exist.

... And I haven't been able to resolve this.  Any ideas?!

Thanks,

Ali

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ali Close

Re: Error when using the Check button

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Ali,
if you got that far, then it looks like the other HotPot tables are in place. The "hotpot_details" table should have been added during installation (or upgrade from Moodle 1.5 -> 1.6). but for some reason it seems that didn't happen on your site.

The simplest solution at this stage is to add the missing table yourself.Start up your favorite database admin control program (e.g. phpMyAdmin) and execute the following SQL command:

• CREATE TABLE mdl_hotpot_details (
        id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
        attempt int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
        details text default '',
        PRIMARY KEY (id),
        KEY hotpot_details_attempt_idx (attempt)
    ) TYPE=MyISAM COMMENT='raw details (as XML) of Hot Potatoes quiz attempts';
If the prefix for your db tables is something other than "mdl_", you wil need to change replace "mdl_" in the above command.
regards
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Ali Close -

Hi, Gordon

Many thanks - this has indeed resolved the issue.  Interestingly it was fine on one of our Moodles, but not the other - and both were upgraded at the same time!

Cheers,
Ali

In reply to Ali Close

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks for confirming the workaround approve

If the above works then one final step is to delete the "details" field from the "hotpot_attempts" table - that should clear up a bit of space I imagine.

all the best
Gordon