Editing Confirmation notifications

Editing Confirmation notifications

by Jeff Burge -
Number of replies: 7
I would like to edit the master copy of the F2F confirmation to remove some of the standard text and add some of my own. How do I go about doing this so that each new F2F I open pulls in my edited version rather than the one supplied?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeff Burge

Re: Editing Confirmation notifications

by François Marier -
You can easily do this by editing language packs inside the Moodle UI itself:

1- Go to the Administration area
2- Click on Language, then "Language editing"
3- Select the desired "Current language"
4- Click on "Edit words and phrases"
5- In the "Choose file to edit" drop-down, scroll to the very bottom and select "facetoface.php (mod/facetoface)"

From there, you can change any of the strings you want.

Cheers,
Francois

P.S. I have also updated the FAQ to include this topic:

http://docs.moodle.org/en/Face-to-face_FAQ#How_to_modify_the_master_copy_of_the_confirmation_emails.3F
In reply to François Marier

by Scott Karren -
Francois

Has this changed? In the version that I have I am able to edit the confirmation letters by going to Administration > Modules > Activities > Face-to_Face. Within this screen I have the ability to edit all of the email messages that can be sent through the face-to-face mod at a site level.

Scott
In reply to Scott Karren

by François Marier -
Yes, it has changed very recently actually.

The site-wide options in the module settings have been removed in favour of the usual language pack override mechanism.

So if you're going to change this, I'd suggest you get the latest version of the module first otherwise you'll have to move your customisations to a different place.

Cheers,
Francois

by Jeff Burge -

Thankyou but I don't have either of these options.

After clicking "Edit words and phrases" the next screen has a box with links to lots of PHP files but no drop down and no "facetoface.php (mod/facetoface)".

If I try the alterntative suggestion of Administration > Modules > Activities > Face-to_Face there is no option to amend the content of the notification.

I think I'm using the latest F2F with Moodle 1.8.

In reply to Jeff Burge

by Scott Karren -
Jeff

In 1.8 I believe that the box with lots of PHP files will be the place to look, they should be in alphabetical order. I think in the 1.9.x branch they replaced that box with a drop down list. Alternately if you feel adventurous you could edit the facetoface.php files directly It would be located in the moodleroot/mod/facetoface/lang/yourlang. This obviously is not the preferred method of changing that text but it will work.

Disclaimer - the above information is to the best of my memory since I can't access my site at the moment.

Scott
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jeff Burge

by François Marier -
As Scott said, the above instructions were for Moodle 1.9.

On Moodle 1.8, I'm not sure you can override the files from within the Moodle UI.

So you could edit the lang files directly or you could also try creating a new en_utf8_local (under /mod/facetoface/lang/)directory and putting a copy of the facetoface.php file in there with only the strings you want to override.

Francois

by Scott Karren -
Ok, thanks for the info, I should have kept up on it.

Scott