I am offering Unlimited Moodle Course Hosting.

I am offering Unlimited Moodle Course Hosting.

by Zachary Reed -
Number of replies: 7
It says it all in the Subject area... I feel that if you want to teach a class... then you should be able to do so... My moodle site is open to everyone... all users are default Course creators and teachers... you can even enroll in other peoples courses and learn if you want to... my moodle site is : http://open.ninehub.com Hope to see you there...
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Zachary Reed

Re: I am offering Unlimited Moodle Course Hosting.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi again Zachary. I  think it's a lovely and generous idea to offer this hosting via ninehub but I must post a few words of caution... you will have to police this very carefully if you want it to be a success because, by the very nature of your offer, anyone can come and set up  a course and some unscrupulous people could put on inappropriate material ... additionally, when I enrolled to have a look, I saw I was able from the front page to upload users to your  Moodle  via csv- I'm still a bit uneasy about the world being able to do that - do tell me you have read all the recent posts about Moodle security?( I do know ninehub use the latest version of Moodle, and that's good, but I am still a bit concerned.)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Zachary Reed -
When i created the website i made a sample account to use as a regular site user... And I also noticed these issues... But as of 7:23 PM they are changed... You can no longer upload users... and you can no longer change the language settings... As of Inappropriate content, i will be notified VIA E-mail when new courses are created... I will check through courses Often to see what is being done within them... If there is any inappropriate content in some, then that course will be deleted.
In reply to Zachary Reed

by Julian Ridden -
Great stuff Zachary.

I am sure you will find many teachers willing to take you up on the offer.

JR
In reply to Zachary Reed

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Zachary,

Ninehub.com is a great place to make free sites. I have one there too. I am especially glad to hear you are ready to help teachers set up a course there. I think many need hand-holding and are not ready to do the site management for a year or two, until they learn course management.

I assume that your end goal is to have the teachers eventually set up their own free sites on ninehub.com as they develop more confidence.

Best regards,
Don
In reply to Don Hinkelman

by Zachary Reed -
Well i am encouraging teachers to create courses on my website... because most teachers don't want to maintain a whole website... but just want areas where they can create Courses for free without having to maintain the website...