NTLM SSO Cannot Get it Working

NTLM SSO Cannot Get it Working

by David Hallam -
Number of replies: 3

Hi im having a problem with getting Single Sign Logon to work in 1.9 in the Ldap Settings.

Ldap Is working fine and we have about 4000 staff and students who all use ldap and i have no problems with how that is set up. The only manual accounts i have a 4 external staff that dont have accounts in house and a backup manual admin account. Now we used to use the onld NTLM folder on our old version 1.8 but i deleted this before we upgraded to 1.9 as it was not working. Now we are on 1.9.2 i though it would work stright away but if i enable the sso option and leave the subnet blank, or enter the subnet details it does nothing. Nothing happend at logon and i dont get any info like attempting to auto logon. Now if i browse to the /moodle/auth/ldap/ntlmsso_magic.php i get the following error "A required parameter (sesskey) was missing" and thats it.

Also i have done all the iis setting on the server and it is running on server 2003 with mysql 5.0.27 and php version 5.2 build 3790. Using ie 6 and 7 for testing. I can provide a copy of my Ldap settings but they must be correct as they have always been tha same and are working 100%

If anyone can advise anything i can try would be very helpful. as im a bit stuck now as it would be nice to have single log on.

Many thanks

David Hallam 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Hallam

Re: NTLM SSO Cannot Get it Working

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi David,

first you need to fill in the subnet field. Otherwise Moodle won't attempt the SSO.

Second, if your system has IPv6 enabled, it might happen that the web server is returning the client's IP address as an IPv6 address, which the current code can't handle, so the check will fail.

To make sure this isn't happening, could you please add a line like this to auth/ldap/auth.php, at the begining of the loginpage_hook() function, just right after the 'global $CFG;' line:

error_log('[AUTH_LDAP] Client address: '.$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']);

and see see what you get?

Saludos. Iñaki.

In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

Re: NTLM SSO Cannot Get it Working

by Stephen Keep -
Im having the same problem did you find a solution?