Want input on a name "logical order" or "edit order"?

Want input on a name "logical order" or "edit order"?

by Chris Collman -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi,
I want to change a phrase somebody made up. I believe it is the right thing to do but I want to check with the community to make sure I don't have on some blinders.

MoodleDocs says the students see the lesson in "navigational order". The "logical order" is how the teacher sees the Lesson pages, either in Compressed or Expanded view. I think the teacher view should be called the "edit order" because "logical order"... is it not always big grin in very complex adaptive lessons.

The over view, I am looking at Lesson module in MoodleDocs again based upon a year's worth of forum comments. In each section, I am trying to put the simple first, the more advanced later. That is when it hit me that the phrase "logical order" required more translation. Sort of like using "Hot Cocoa" in a description of a plant that has flowers, thorns and stems, instead of simply calling it a "Rose".

Thanks for your comments in advance, Chris

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Collman

Re: Want input on a name "logical order" or "edit order"?

by ben reynolds -
Hi Chris,
It's clear that whoever made the Lesson module had branching upper most in mind and thus used "logical order." We have made many lessons here, but we have not yet used branching. I suspect that is true for many users.

To me, "edit order" makes the most sense, but when you get to actually talking about branching, I would like to see "logical order" come back, along with a visual demonstrating how "logical" differs from simple "edit."
In reply to ben reynolds

Re: Want input on a name "logical order" or "edit order"?

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Ben,
We use a mix of branch tables and questions on a regular basis. However, we do not use the Table of Content concept very often.

Amen to the graphics. One to show the intended logical order of a Table of Content and the other to show the edit order. I will try to attach a picture.

Best Chris

Attachment Lesson1_combined_graphic.gif