really stuck on the lesson module

Re: really stuck on the lesson module

by Chris Collman -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Holly,
Mary has given you her usual good ideas. Spending time in MoodleDocs should be the first place to go reguardless of what activity or resource you are trying to use.

I was just curious what you wanted to do?

The purpose of the lesson module is to create a series of html pages and potentially offer the student choices. The advanced part comes when the "student choice" features are used fully. In short, the student makes a choice (quiz answer or branch button) and this sends them off to a specific page.

However, once you say "Great, so when Chris selects 5 as an answer then I will send Chris to my special explaination HTML page I give for those kind of answers, and on the same question when Mary answers 1, I will send them to my other special explaination...and ect", things can get complicated quickly. Just as in a face to face classroom, the teacher has to remember at some point to get all the student back to the same page and figure out that plan in advance.

Simple Lessons are easy to construct when the teacher does not get fancy with the choices. Depends upon your goal. Mary has hit the nub, start by keeping things simple and perhaps close to your classroom style as you can.

Best Chris