Sneak preview of one of the new things in Moodle 2.0

Sneak preview of one of the new things in Moodle 2.0

by Tim Hunt -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
One of my tasks for Moodle 2.0 is to improve the interfaces for administering roles, to make them easier to understand. Below is a screen-shot of a new view I have made.

Those people who have read this forum for a while will know that the original inspiration for this came from John Isner. I decided to flip the table round compared to his description How_permissions_are_calculated#Representing_the_data_in_tabular_form so that you can read it left-to-right, top-to-bottom.
Attachment Explainpermissions.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Sneak preview of one of the new things in Moodle 2.0

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I have now produced a summary roadmap document outlining all the changes to the roles system for Moodle 2.0: Development:Roles_administration_improvements_for_Moodle_2.0. Some of the things there are already done, and some are work in progress.

I think there are a few other things that need to be added, but I can't remember what they are right now.

Also, we may add further things to the list, if there are other good ideas for what to improve, and if there is time to implement them, so if you have ideas, don't let them languish in obscurity!