Better instructions?

Better instructions?

by Karen Marsh -
Number of replies: 1
I'm a big proponent of games-based learning, and have been trying to figure out how to build them in moodle 1.9, but only instructions I can find very vague and limited to ""you'll have to create different kinds of questions for different games" (What kind of questions go with what kind of games? What question type do I use as a "simple answer" question - there is not an option for "simple answer" in the Quiz/Question module; What kind of multiple choice questions "work" with millionaire? MCMA? MCSA?) and "use the edit button to change the games." After several frustrating hours of trying to figure things out with very limited instructions, I still can't get the crossword puzzle to generate more than 2 columns (regardless of how I set the parameters) I can't figure out how to set up snakes & ladders, hangman gives me incorrect answers (even though the responses in the source questions are correct) and only allows me to create 1 question per game (even though I set the parameters for more than one) and millionaire works sporadically, if at all.

Can someone please direct me to better step-by-step instructions?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karen Marsh

Re: Better instructions?

by Vasilis Daloukas -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
At http://bdaloukas.gr/moodle/download/game/doc/game.swf
you can find a demo video.

The correct is 'short answer' no 'simple answer'.

Try to get the latest version of module Game (for questions). In a previous version was a bug with questions.

For multiple choice answer you have to fill the following fields:
a. Question name
b. Question text
c. Choice1.Answer, Grade
d. Choice2.Answer, Grade

The module uses the answer with the bigger grade as correct.

To change the parameters of a running game you have to:
a. Go to "Update this Game"
b. Change the parameters you want
c. Press the "Save changes" button
d. Go again to "Update this Game"
e. Go to list of instances ( the list with columns Delete, User, IP student, ...) and press the X button on each line with running game.

If you want more info please tell me.

You can help us to documentate the module Game. The documentation is at http://docs.moodle.org/en/Game_module