Non Editing Techaers issue viewing only their own groups Grade

Non Editing Techaers issue viewing only their own groups Grade

by David Nash -
Number of replies: 5
Hi,

Not sure what is going on here, but It was working for a while.

I have a course created:

Separate Groups: Yes

Force: Yes

Chose the Grouping. (Contains the 8 groups I need)

Each of the 13 activities in the Course are also set with the same settings.

Each Group has a Non Editing Teacher assigned to the group.

In the Course Override Settings the Non Editing Teacher is set to:

Access All Groups
moodle/site:accessallgroups: Prevent

All other settings are set to Inherit.

When the Non Editing Teacher clicks on the Grade Button, they can see all Participants.

This morning though I had a test Non editing teacher role created and it worked, but now it doesn't. Its the same for all Non Editing Teachers.

Can anyone please let me know what I need to do to start this again?

Cheers
Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Nash

Re: Non Editing Techaers issue viewing only their own groups Grade

by David Nash -
Strange Update:

Only one of the Non Editing teachers correctly displays only their Group Grade table.

All of the other 7 Non Editing teachers shows "All Partipants" yet displays "Seperate Groups: Groupname" at the top of the page.

When I am using a Non Editing teachers Role account, and I click on the participant link, I should see only the group students.

However....I get see all participants, but again, "Seperate Groups: Groupname" is displayed.

If I hit F5 to refresh, then the correct group data appears. But the non editing teachers still cannot view only their Groups Grade Table.

The only Non editing Teacher that correctly displays the group data is a test role I created.

Any ideas?

In reply to David Nash

by Mark Drechsler -
Hi Darren,

I've just set up a similar scenario for a demo I'm giving and it seems to work fine, but the one thing I notice is that I'm using groups by themselves without using groupings. Have you tried without groupings? If not I'll take my working scenario and add some groupings to it and see if I can break it, but atm it is working. I'mn running the latest 1.9.2 as well.

Cheers,

Mark.
In reply to Mark Drechsler

by David Nash -
Hi,
Thanks for the update, I'll try it out.

In reply to David Nash

by David Nash -
Hi,

I running 1.9.3+ which I updated this week to see if it fixed any issues that may have occured, but no.

The strange thing is that a made up account I use for testing, whne I give it a Team leader role, it actually works for that and only that user, other TL do not get the same result.

I'vr checked it out and it seems for me that in the Activities you can only choose Groupings as the Seperate Group Mode.

If I delete the Group name that contains the 7 groups which leaves just the Groups, then when I go into a Quiz or the Course Settings, I have no Group option to choose...
In reply to David Nash

by David Nash -
Issue has been resolved.

I think it was linked to a recent update.

I found in the Gradebook forum the hack to comment out a line in the Gradebook lib.php page which worked.

Looking back the issue only occured after updating to 1.9.3.