No html editor

No html editor

by Jestin VanScoyoc -
Number of replies: 3
In some blocks/mods I don't always see an html editor view. I edit a lot of Assignments and Lessons and it shows a generic text box with no html gui bar. I can save/redisplay a few times and the html editor will eventually appear. This is extremely annoying though and fellow non-techie teachers freak out when this happens. I've experienced this problem with Moodle 1.8+ and Moodle 1.9+ so I am wondering if its something on my end.

Using: Moodle 1.9, Godaddy linux hosting, Firefox
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jestin VanScoyoc

Re: No html editor

by dan roggenkamp -
I hosted with GoDaddy for a while and had this problem intermittently for the whole time I was with them. After switching hosts, I've no longer had the problem. I also had the problem of images sometimes not loading with GoDaddy. That, combined with their awful website (poor usability, slow, etc.) and lack of hosting features (no shell access, etc.) led me to switch. In their defense, they did have fairly good customer support, and I think they're a good domain registrar (their core business), but my advice is to eat whatever it is you paid in advance for hosting and switch hosts.
In reply to dan roggenkamp

by John Basque -

If you press ctrl f5 it will reload the page and solve this problem.

In reply to dan roggenkamp

by Jestin VanScoyoc -
Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping our local school tech administrator will set me up with a local server this year mixed