Authorize.net Trans IDs are changing in October-Will it break moodle?

Authorize.net Trans IDs are changing in October-Will it break moodle?

by Michael | -
Number of replies: 5
We have received a notice from authorize.net saying that they will be expanding the range of Transaction IDs issued by their payment gateway in October 08, where previously the max was 2,147,483,647 they are changing their system to go beyond that.

In the mdl_enrol_authorize table the value for transid is INT(10) which I believe has a max value of 2,147,483,647.

Does anyone know what I'd need to change that to so that it doesn't break if it gets an ID over the max?

Thanks
M=
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael |

Re: Authorize.net Trans IDs are changing in October-Will it break moodle?

by Michael | -
Does anyone know if changing this from INT(10) to VARCHAR(255) would have any negative effects?

Thanks
M=
In reply to Michael |

Ynt: Re: Authorize.net Trans IDs are changing in October-Will it break moodle?

by Ethem Evlice -
Hi Michael,

You can change the field transid to bigint(255) on tables enrol_authorize & enrol_authorize_refunds, NOT varchar.

There is not negative effects.

I will commit to cvs ASAP. Thanks for the report.
In reply to Ethem Evlice

Re: Ynt: Re: Authorize.net Trans IDs are changing in October-Will it break moodle?

by Michael | -
Thanks for the info on changing to bigint!

Thanks
M=
In reply to Michael |

by Ethem Evlice -
Hi again,

Committed. Could you check out HEAD or MOODLE_19_STABLE?

Please test. If everything is ok, I will implement it to 18_stable and 17_stable, too.
In reply to Michael |

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi,

this has been tracked as MDL-16715 and has been fixed for 18_STABLE, 19_STABLE and HEAD by Ethem Evlice. cool Now we support transids up to 20 digits!

Will be available in next weekly downloads.

Ciao smile
Average of ratings: Useful (1)