Allow access to a Lesson by unaunthenticated users (site visitors)?

Allow access to a Lesson by unaunthenticated users (site visitors)?

- Andy Lieberman の投稿
返信数: 1
Hi,

I am using Moodle 1.9 and created a lesson on the front page that I would like to be usable by anyone visiting the site, without having to log in. But, Moodle seems to always require them to login with at least guest access.

I've looked all around, but don't see any option to change this.

Any suggestions?
Andy Lieberman への返信

Re: Allow access to a Lesson by unaunthenticated users (site visitors)?

- Chris Collman の投稿
画像 Documentation writers
Hi Andy,
That is a site issue, not a Lesson issue. The site can require a person to initially log in (or not) . This is a site admin block>Front page> Front Page setting, at the bottom which says default role, set it for guest. Site Admin block>Security>site policies should also be set so a login is not required. Remember that the Front Page can be treated as a special course.

If your site admin says no to that, then put some kind of encouraging welcome on the login splash screen in the right box to encourage guests. Do the same on any page that say "to link to our Moodle for a gander, click here".

I would be thinking very hard about the long term implications of placing "course" resources and activities on the front page. For somethings, a Guest course(s) that links from the Front Page, might give more control and flexibility in the long run.

Hope this helps.
Chris
former Ag/Rd PCV Nigeria XVI