Student revision Record

Student revision Record

by Rob Cunniffe -
Number of replies: 3

Hi, I have been asked if I can create a way of students keeping a revision record, something that can store topics (created by each individual student) and then allow them to record completion dates and comments

I initially thought of the database module but can't see how this can be individualised except by creating a separate course for each student which for 500ish studens isn't really feasible!

Any ideas would be gratefully received!

Rob

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rob Cunniffe

Re: Student revision Record

by Tomaz Lasic -
Hi Rob

I am not sure exactly what you need here but have you thought of a wiki (in Moodle)?

Wiki is a very customisable tool in Moodle and I have done a very similar thing to what you describe with my class by simply enclosing each student's name with a square bracket eg. [Rob Cunniffe] on the main page of the wiki. This creates a new page for each student. THey can then edit, track history etc. on their own wiki page.

If not sure how to do this, have a look at this 2 Minute Moodle on wikis where this nifty little technique is explained.

My kids loved it for the independence of it and if anyone starts to play up - simply call up the history and fetch back the version you/the student want(s).

You can get really tricky with camel case linking etc. but this little gem above should do the job.

Best wishes

Tomaz

In reply to Tomaz Lasic

by Rob Cunniffe -

Thanks for that Tomaz, my one slight concern is that the revision planner is open to all (including editing although I take your point about being able to return to previous versions) I will give it a go..

Regards

Rob

In reply to Rob Cunniffe

by Mark Guy -

Rob, Idont know if this helps...

I am using a questionare configured to allow students to access a Learning list when they start a topic, and as they work through update it as they learn the topic. The Idea is that when they come to revision time I reset all their Lists, they re-do the list, and therefore know what they are confident on and what they are unsure of.

The Questionare allows me to see individual / average questionares so I know what to revise with the whole class. Thus maximising  revision class effectiveness. This is my first term since hatching the idea (3rd week in) so is currently untested. But in a sample class it seemed to work.

Regards

Mark