Uploading Web Games

Uploading Web Games

by Melanie Scott -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
I recently got a program from Tiagi.com that allows the fast development of flash style web games.  I've seen them run on the Thiagi Moodle site, so I know they can be loaded in but I cannot seem to find where to put them--unless I've uploaded in the wrong format, they do not fall into any category in resources or activities (though, activity would make sense).  Any idea what I need to do?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melanie Scott

Re: Uploading Web Games

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi there! First of all, thanks for the interesting link - I am a big 'games' fan. Although my students are young and these games seem more for business training, I shall still investigate and add to my long list of flash games used in Moodle. Ok - your question - not having played with these particular games I'm not sure which files they give you to upload. However, if there is more than one you can usually put them into a zipped folder and upload to Moodle and then link to the swf file (link to a file or website) in the Add a resource option. However, if they are designed to work with Moodle's gradebook then they need different treatment. Could you provide more information as to what you are uploading?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

They are sort of flash games.  They save as .rtic files or .html documents (the .html is what actually runs the game--the rtic is where the game information is found.  I've tried setting it up as a resource load as a web page but it doesn't seem to work.

The games are a lot of fun and very easy to set up (not requiring Flash knowledge) and include tic-tac-toe and hangman and one where you throw tomatoes at the wrong answer (?!? smile)--the disk includes 5 game shells and costs $50 from thiagi.com.  Very cool stuff...IF I can get it work!  Thiagi has a moodle site where he demos the games, so I know it CAN work...If only I was a techie!

In reply to Melanie Scott

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I haven't heard of rtic files and I haven't found it on google either - do you have a link to his Moodle site so I can see some in action? Do they actually claim to be usable on Moodle/SCORM compliant?