Low-end media...

Re: Low-end media...

by John Gone -
Number of replies: 0
I guess only when we find out whats required to include the biggest possible group of learners will we have an idea of what kinds of content we should deliver. I think the recipient will determine this, though.

>Perhaps the original article and the follow up posts are saying go as high as you need and no higher? (Form over substance tends to teach fluff?)

Currently we cant know what is too high. In this case site use analysis and other indicators will help to determine whats getting used, and re-used. If an individual that traditionally hasnt participated starts to participate then the new content is valuable. Im saying that if f l u f f is what some people want or need then use f l u f f to deliver the substance. Im not a teacher but Ive used some fluff over the years to deliver some important substance to my kids. Many times Im sure they didnt realize there was a lesson inside all that fluff, but the lesson was learned. Thats good because they didnt develop an allergy to the method; it was just a funny or interesting story.
Ive been working on different ways to introduce Moodle and when I saw that Flash presentation (read: SVG, DHTML or whatever emerges as the most efficient) I knew that was a good choice for a certain segment of the group that I hope to encourage to use Moodle as one tool in their collection. These teachers, administrators and students are very busy and if they want to passively watch an animation that delivers the message thats fine.
John