can't connect to database server

can't connect to database server

by jordy koski -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I am installing moodle with the hosting company i have used before for moodle and all of the settings are exactly the same but still i am getting the following error message:

Error: Moodle could not connect to the database.

It's possible the database itself is just not working at the moment.

The admin should also check that the database details have been correctly specified in config.php

Database host: localhost
Database name: hlmdibat_db
Database user: hlmdibat_ethicso

does anyone have any suggestions for this problem. i've checked everything and tested the database and it's fine. i'm totally perplexed.....any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

jordy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to jordy koski

Re: can't connect to database server

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
first step - try connecting to your database using the username and password and the database name that you set up for moodle. This is to check that the user works and really does have access to the database.

next - if you can check the apache error log - there just may be a more specific error generated.

next - check phpinfo(), does it look like php has mysql compiled in? Its not likely to be a problem but worth checking.