Proposal: Allow scales with just one item

Proposal: Allow scales with just one item

by David Mudrák -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

Now when Forum supports the aggregate type "Count of ratings", it would be useful to allow one-item scales. E.g. imagine "scale" with just one item "Nice post". The forum aggregation is based on the number of "Nice posts" the students submit into the forum.
Currently, Moodle does not allow you to create scales with just one item. This is a proposal to allow it. Some ideas? Contra-proposals? TIA

--mudrd8mz
In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Proposal: Allow scales with just one item

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I just noticed this is already working here at moodle.org forums - you can mark a post as "Useful" using one-item scale. How can this be done? In my Moodle 1.9, I am unable to create such a scale thoughtful
In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Allow scales with just one item

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi David,

Martin made a patch to enable the one-item scale used in this course. Please vote for MDLSITE-509 to encourage Martin to add it to CVS. wink
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Allow scales with just one item

by Victor Castro -

I also would like this feature. is there a link to the code so we can patch ourselves?