accidentally edited quiz total category, now will not update automatically

accidentally edited quiz total category, now will not update automatically

by A. T. Wyatt -
Number of replies: 2
I was entering quiz grades manually in one of my courses. I accidentally entered a value in the quiz category total cell for a particular student because I could not see the column heading at the time.

I discovered my error and deleted the incorrect entry.

Now, that student does not get a total for quiz points. The category total cell will not update. It also has the "orange" highlighting to indicate that it held a manually entered grade.

I have checked every setting I can find and nothing is locked. The calculations work for other students in the class.

This is a big problem, since it is pretty easy to get off a column and type numbers where you don't intend to type them! I normally use the assignment grading interface when possible, but quizzes require manual entry of scores in the gradebook.

How can I return the gradebook to automatically calculating the category total for quizzes for my student??

Thanks,
atw
Attachment quiz_category_not_updated.png
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

Re: accidentally edited quiz total category, now will not update automatically

by Ann Adamcik -
Go back into your grader report and turn editing on. In that orange highlighted box, click the edit icon that appears just above the text box (within the orange area). On the Edit Grade screen, uncheck the box that says 'Overridden', and save changes. That should return things to normal.
In reply to Ann Adamcik

Re: accidentally edited quiz total category, now will not update automatically

by A. T. Wyatt -
Yay! I looked in a bunch of "editing" hands, but guess I missed that one! Thank you so much!
atw