LDAP woes - "supplied argument is not a valid ldap result..."

LDAP woes - "supplied argument is not a valid ldap result..."

by B. Durant -
Number of replies: 1
Hi, I'm relatively new to setting up Moodle and am nearing my wits end with an LDAP authentication issue. Hoping someone out there has a solution.

Moodle is talking to LDAP and is able to logon as "moodle_ldap" Account is in the OU called students. When I try to logon with the test account I made and I put in the password I get:

Warning
: ldap_search() [function.ldap-search]: Search: Operations error in C:\Moodle\auth\ldap\auth.php on line 1428
Warning: ldap_first_entry(): supplied argument is not a valid ldap result resource in C:\Moodle\auth\ldap\auth.php on line 1436

When I put in no password I get an invalid login error. When I search Google for the error messages I find a bunch of stuff talking about the 1,000 objects within an OU limit that LDAP has, but from what I can see there's nowhere near 1,000 objects in the students OU even when accounting for the various sub OU's

I would appreciate any suggestions and help. Thanks for your time!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to B. Durant

Re: LDAP woes - "supplied argument is not a valid ldap result..."

by B. Durant -
I figured it out.

The so-called "optional" field of "User attribute" turned out to not be so optional and needed "sAMAccountName" put in there on this AD setup.