can't get hidden picture to work

can't get hidden picture to work

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 14
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi there - I am new to the games module and I can't get the hidden picture game to work - I checked out hidden picture problems in this forum and it said to put the picture as an attachment in the glossary which I have but I still get the message as in the image - could you tell me where I am going wrong please?
Attachment hiddenpicture.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: can't get hidden picture to work

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Ok well I am getting nearer.. I now get the game up with a box with a red cross in IE (or just numbers in Opera and nothing in FF) I right click on properties and get http://*******.com/mod/game/hiddenpicture/picture.php?id=232&id2=15&f=&cols=3&rows=3&cells=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9&p=d:Domains******.commoodledata/3/moddata/glossary/2/20/riverbook.jpg&n=d:\Domains\******.com\wwwroot/mod/game/hiddenpicture/numbers.png

What ever is all that about?
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Re: can't get hidden picture to work

by Vasilis Daloukas -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
In properties you will see something like this

Check the config.php. This will look like this

$CFG->wwwroot = 'http://bdaloukas.gr/moodle';
$CFG->dirroot = '/home/bdaloukas/public_html/moodle';
$CFG->dataroot = '/home/bdaloukas/moodledata';

Maybe the problem is in config.php or on image.
Check the config.php and try with a different image.
If the problem continues tell me.
In reply to Vasilis Daloukas

Re: Re: can't get hidden picture to work

by Mary Cooch -
This is what I found in my config.php
CFG->wwwroot = 'http://mymoodlesite.com';
$CFG->dirroot = 'd:\Domains\mymoodlesite.com\wwwroot';
$CFG->dataroot = 'd:\Domains\mymoodlesite.com\moodledata';

I dont' understand anythiing about php but is this as it should be or not? Many thanks. My image properties look to be working the same as the example you give. I have tried with three different images and still it doesn't show.
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Re: Re: can't get hidden picture to work

by Vasilis Daloukas -
Change the \ to / $CFG->dirroot = 'd:/Domains/mymoodlesite.com/wwwroot'; $CFG->dataroot = 'd:/Domains/mymoodlesite.com/moodledata';
I am doing the conversion automatically in next version

by Mary Cooch -
Thanks smile Now it works!
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mary Cooch -
Hi Vasilis -was it you who put my game module overview video into the documentation? Many thanks smile

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi, I am having a similar problem with the Hidden Picture Game.
After I swapped the play.php file for the one recommend in a previous post on this forum. I got the following report when I tried to End the Game:

stdClass Object ( [id] => 9 [name] => Hidden Picture Game [course] => 4 [sourcemodule] => quiz [quizid] => 1 [glossaryid] => [glossarycategoryid] => 0 [questioncategoryid] => [bookid] => [gamekind] => hiddenpicture [param1] => 3 [param2] => 3 [param3] => 0 [param4] => 236 [param5] => 320 [param6] => 0 [param7] => 0 [param8] => [shuffle] => 1 [timemodified] => 1257615557 [gameinputid] => [toptext] => [bottomtext] => [grademethod] => 1 [grade] => 100 [decimalpoints] => [popup] => [review] => [attempts] => [glossaryid2] => 3 [glossarycategoryid2] => 3 [language] => [subcategories] => )
select=ge.glossaryid=3 AND gec.entryid = ge.id AND gec.categoryid = 3 AND concept NOT LIKE '% %' AND (attachment LIKE '%.jpg' OR attachment LIKE '%.gif' OR attachment LIKE '%.png')

glossary_entries
10#Pantocrator#christ-icon.jpg @

The only thing which works OK is if I type in the correct answer to revel the 'hidden picture'.

None of the multiple questions work. These questions have the choice to select multiple answers. But without success.

I would be most grateful for some help in getting this to work.

Many thanks in advance.

Mary
In reply to Mary Evans

Re: Re: Re: Re: can't get hidden picture to work

by Vasilis Daloukas -
Download the latest version of module Game and try again.
If the problem persists say again the error message.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Thank you for your reply...

I downloaded what I thought was the latest version of module Game, only to find it is the same one I downloaded the other day. The version I am using is what is written in version.php v 1.29 2009/08/31 18:31:14

If there is a later version please tell me where I can download it!!!

As for the error message...this is what I got this evening...

stdClass Object ( [id] => 9 [name] => Hidden Picture Game [course] => 4 [sourcemodule] => quiz [quizid] => 1 [glossaryid] => [glossarycategoryid] => 0 [questioncategoryid] => [bookid] => [gamekind] => hiddenpicture [param1] => 1 [param2] => 3 [param3] => 0 [param4] => 236 [param5] => 320 [param6] => 0 [param7] => 0 [param8] => [shuffle] => 1 [timemodified] => 1257621378 [gameinputid] => [toptext] => [bottomtext] => [grademethod] => 1 [grade] => 100 [decimalpoints] => [popup] => [review] => [attempts] => [glossaryid2] => 3 [glossarycategoryid2] => 3 [language] => [subcategories] => )
select=ge.glossaryid=3 AND gec.entryid = ge.id AND gec.categoryid = 3 AND concept NOT LIKE '% %' AND (attachment LIKE '%.jpg' OR attachment LIKE '%.gif' OR attachment LIKE '%.png')

glossary_entries
10#Pantocrator#christ-icon.jpg @

By the way, Vasilis, I think the idea of the hidden picture is a good one, and the team I am helping with their Moodle site is keen to incorporate it in their on-line courses.

I appreciate your help.

σας ευχαριστούμε

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: can't get hidden picture to work

by Vasilis Daloukas -
Can I see the problem online?
You can send me the address via private message.

by Mary Evans -
Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately, that's not possible since I am using WampServer because my website hosting company has RegisterGlobal (I think this is what it's called) is ON when it should be OFF. As a consequence I cannot now upload a newer version of Moodle, so I am stuck with 1.7 (I think). That's why I am using WampServer on my PC. The Moodle version I am using on Wamp was the latest one from about a month ago.

I'll try exporting the glossary and quiz to my Moodle site, and send you the link, but because its an old version of Moodle it may not work as it should anyway...but worth a try.

Thanks again

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Vasilis Daloukas -
You can make a very small lesson to a WampServer and send me the zip file.
You can use the http://www.yousendit.com/ for sending if you can't upload to a server.

by charlotte kite -

Wondering if you could help me I get the grey picture and when I go over it I get numbers but nothing else seems to work. Am I missing something?

Any tips would be most grateful!