teacher access to individual student grade report

teacher access to individual student grade report

by David Huston -
Number of replies: 2
I am a high school teacher, using 1.9

From dedicated gradebooks, I am used to getting reports that I can print out and share with students and parents on individual students.

I can see how students can do this for their own grades.

But is there a way that I, as the teacher, can get such a report for each of my students?

Thanks for the tip.

David Huston
In reply to David Huston

Re: teacher access to individual student grade report

by Lisa Brown -

Hi David,

Here is what we are doing to see student reports.  Go to the grade book, Click on the Choose and Action drop down and select User Report (grader report is where you are entering the manual grades).  Once you are in user reports you can either choose to see all students at once, or a single student.  It puts out a nicely formatted display (that looks like most progress reports) that shows the assignments, what the student got what their average for that assignment is.  At the end of each students report it shows their course total along with the letter grade.  We have chosen those options as the best report for students.  This is the same report that students see if they log into the course and click on grades.  You could print off the reports to look over with parents at conference time since it would communicate if their child did the work and how well they did on each assignment as well as a course grade.  Let me know if you have any questions on the settings we used.

Lisa Brown

In reply to Lisa Brown

Re: teacher access to individual student grade report

by David Huston -
At the end of each students report it shows their course total along with the letter grade. We have chosen those options as the best report for students.

Thanks for your help Lisa. I can't seem to get the course total/average to show up. Is there a setting that affects this?

David