Error in quiz grades

Error in quiz grades

by Antonio Navarro -
Number of replies: 5

Almost all the questionnaires in my platform have 10 questions and 10 points. When qualifying each attempt the score is not correct: if you guesses right 9 questions, for example, it seems to calculate the grades as follows: 9/11 *10, that is to say it seems that it takes a question more than those that there is.

Here you have two pictures I think you can see better what i´m saying (i hope). 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Antonio Navarro

Re: Error in quiz grades

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Yes, to avoid this you must use the 'save grades' button on the quiz editing page. Even on an existing quiz you can go back and do this, then visit the quiz report and "regrade" to fix everything.

The little bug causing this has been already been fixed in the next version.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Antonio Navarro -
If I do so, all the grades turn to 0.

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You're going to have to provide more information if you still need help with this. The grades shouldn't be turning to zero, obviously - I've not seen that before and can't guess what might be going wrong.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Antonio Navarro -

Yes, in database tables the score doesn´t turn to zero, but the new score is done over 1 point not over ten points, so in database appears 0.67, 0.33, etc. but in the web appears like 0. It´s a little bit strange, because in some quizzes your solution works but in most it doesn´t.

For example, I have a quiz of the type multiquestion with one question and some posible answers that although I put ten points to it in the quiz, always appears as 1 point. In other similar quizzes, however, it works fine. But in those that works, the regrade button always regrades over 1 point, not over ten points (except in one case surprise.gif).

In quizzes with ten questions, the "regrade" button regrades all attempts over 1 points too.

I´m having a lot of mails of the students with this question, so yes, I need help with this smiley.gif.

Cheers

by Martin Dougiamas -
Completely bizarre. I had a quick look at the site and the quiz maths is quite wrong.

I can only suspect some corruption somewhere. It could possibly be related to a couple of quiz bugs that were fixed recently.

In any case, the solution in this case is to re-create the quizzes and to always use the "save grades" button on the quiz while creating it (even if the grades look OK already).

The bug related to the "save grades" button is not in current CVS versions of Moodle, or the next release.