Limiting access to a subset of users grades

Limiting access to a subset of users grades

by Gabe Norton -
Number of replies: 2
Hi All,

I'm a new Moodle admin (Moodle 1.9.2+) and would like to provide a single point of tracking for some of our clients who would like to check the progress of the students they have in our online classes. I'm not sure how to do this as I also need to prevent them from seeing the progress of the students not with there company. Any ideas on this? Is there some way to do this with meta courses or some other equaly blatian way to do this that I'm just missing?

All help and ideas welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Gabe

Web Admin CCTC
In reply to Gabe Norton

Re: Limiting access to a subset of users grades

by Richard Ingalls -
You may be able to use the Parent Role in conjunction with the Mentees block. I did something similar for my organization and talked about it here.

After created the Supervisor role (Parent) and making the Mentees block a sticky block, and assigning the Supervisor role appropriately, then I also added an HTML sticky block (called it "Tools") on the My Moodle page for everyone that contained a link I called "My Transcript", which pointed to the user's overview gradebook, which at my moodle deployment is here: http://nameofmymoodleserver/grade/report/overview/index.php?id=5

A supervisor can log in as the student and click on My Transcript to see the grades.
In reply to Richard Ingalls

Re: Limiting access to a subset of users grades

by Gabe Norton -
Sorry for the time gap I just found out we are moving locations and had to check the new place and inventory network gear.

Any how, Thank You. This seams to be just what I was looking for. I knew there had to be an easy way to implement it but could not find it. I will see if I can get to testing this weekend if I have time. (switching servers Mon.)

What progress/solutions did you find for the creation of tracks, any that allow for automatic enrollment of next course upon completion of the current? Do you use any plug ins ect for managing course completion ?

Thanks for the help

Gabe