Administration Block Missing pieces

Administration Block Missing pieces

by Emily Adams -
Number of replies: 4

For some reason, all of my students were enrolled in all of the courses rather than just their courses. In order to resolve this, I made sure that the the settings were set to allow students to unenrol themselves. Then, I logged in as the students in order to unenrol them from the courses.

However, when I "login as" a student, the "admin" block only contains "Profile"; it doesn't contain an "unenrol" option. Why is this? I know I've unenrolled students this way before when I used 1.8 (I'm now using 1.9). If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it! 

Thanks ahead of time,

Emily

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Emily Adams

Re: Administration Block Missing pieces

by Sharon Janca -

Hello-

I'm new to Moodle (1.9), trying to use it in my classes for the first time this year.  I am having enrollment issues.  When I try to enroll a student in my class using internal enrolment, I have no enrollment link under the 'Course Administration' menu within the course.  Only a 'unenrol me from the course'.  Have I not set up something correctly?

Thanks for any help,

Sharon

In reply to Sharon Janca

by Robert Whisnant -
+
Emily and Sharon

You can unenroll groups of students by going to the class, clicking on Assign Roles in the Administration list. A list of students enrolled will be on the left, with the remainder of the students in the entire Moodle on the right. Simply move the student from one side of the list to the other to enroll or unenroll. In your case, just highlight, click the arrow to the right to move the student out of the class.

Now if I could just get this to work this easy on my Front Page.
In reply to Robert Whisnant

by Sharon Janca -

'A list of students enrolled will be on the left, with the remainder of the students in the entire Moodle on the right.'

Robert-

What version of Moodle are you using?  I don't have any enrolled students, that's what I'm trying to do, but I don't see a place I can 'move students one side of the list to the other to enroll or unenroll.' I copied my "Assign roles" page below.  This is version 1.9.  Can you explain where I enroll students?

Thanks, Sharon

Assign roles in Course: Technology ApplicationsHelp with Assign roles in Course: Technology Applications (new window)

Roles Description Users
Administrator Administrators can usually do anything on the site, in all courses. 0
Course creator Course creators can create new courses and teach in them. 0
Teacher Teachers can do anything within a course, including changing the activities and grading students. 1 Sharon Janca
Non-editing teacher Non-editing teachers can teach in courses and grade students, but may not alter activities. 0
Student Students generally have fewer privileges within a course. 4 Paula Brown
Mary Lynn Lincke
Heather Stewart
student student
Guest Guests have minimal privileges and usually can not enter text anywhere. 4 Mary Lynn Lincke
Jennifer Netardus
Heather Stewart
student student