HELP! Editor Problems

HELP! Editor Problems

by Dorian Flowers -
Number of replies: 4

When I try to use the editor to insert a pic into a lesson, I can click on the insert image button, upload the file and select it, but once I click Ok the pic will not show up. I have the same problem with the insert web link button, insert table, insert smiley, and insert special character. If anyone has any ideas what may be causing this I would appreciate a response.

Thanks,

Dorian

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dorian Flowers

Re: HELP! Editor Problems

by Anne Nicolson -

I am a total newbie trying to sort our similar problems with images. I have had partial success with getting images to show by changing the variable 'slasharguements' under admin. I say partial because relative addresses for web pages stop functioning - actually don't work under either setting. You could change this variable to see if it has any impact on your images.

Our next step forward is to change the settings in the webserver software. We don't use apache but rather the microsoft IIS 5. There are instructions for doing this under the frequently asked questions section.

One thing that might also be useful - could you post your error message. Then I could see if you have the same problem and experts may spot what is going on for you.

In reply to Anne Nicolson

by Dorian Flowers -
I have tried changing the slasharguements and that did not work. I can upload the files and click on them on the insert menu, but they never appear in the editor. I also cannot use the insert table, change background colors, text colors, or the insert link buttons. They all come up for you to select the options for each, but when you try to accept the changes, nothing happens. We completely re-installed moodle over this weekend and that did not help. So far I do not have an error message to post. It seems like it may be an editor problem because the files are uploaded and I can access them through a url.

by Art Lader -
Hi,

Are these problems happening in various browsers?

-- Art

by Janne Mikkonen -

What browser do you use? Does popups close normally or stay on, after clicking OK or selection.

If you're using IE, turn on setting "Display a notification about every script error" by selecting on the toolbar Tools -> Internet Settings. Choose Advanced tab and check the setting "Display a notification about every script error".

If you're using Mozilla (or FireFox) choose Tools -> Javascript Console, and you should see errormessages related to editor (if any).

After that if you get any error messages, post them here.

- Janne -