Changing layout of participants list

Changing layout of participants list

by Richard Crawford -
Number of replies: 4
In our previous version of Moodle (1.5), when users went to the Participants list in a course, they would see all of the participants, students and teachers, on one page. In 1.9, they see all participants in a single list, and have to select the role from a drop-down list.

Is there a way to get all of the participants on one page, separated out by role, with the role titles above them? Many of our users are, shall we say, less than computer savvy, and would be happy to have this change.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Crawford

Re: Changing layout of participants list

by Cristian Alvarado -
++ to this one. Even as administrators it was easier to just glance to see who was the instructor for the course quickly.
In reply to Cristian Alvarado

by Richard Crawford -
I haven't found anything in the administrative pages anywhere. So I'll try hacking something together next week. If I succeed, I'll post my code here.

by Richard Crawford -
Bump. This is an extremely annoying feature, and it would be really nice to be able to turn it off.

by Richard Crawford -
I ended up rewriting the user/index.php page pretty much from scratch. There are a few minor kinks to work out in my code, but on the whole it seems to work out pretty well.