Email test m essage

Email test m essage

by Bob Schrader -
Number of replies: 3

I am having trouble setting up my email in Moodle. How can I send a test message so I can see if my settings are working, or at least get a debug on it? I really don't care what it says just so I can see it is getting through to someone. I looked all through everything and can't see where to generate a message on command. Did I miss something? I am using email based self reg.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bob Schrader

Re: Email test m essage

by Richard Enison -
BS,

Well, you could
  1. modify the PHP code (I'm guessing you want to avoid that like the plague!),
  2. do a test enrollment as a dummy student (with your e-mail address of course), or
  3. use http://docs.moodle.org/en/Mail_module
RLE
In reply to Richard Enison

Re: Email test m essage

by Mike Landis -

It would be VERY handy to have test message functionality under the Site Administration ->  Server area but....

The best way I have found to test email functionality is to use the "Forgotten Password" function for logging in.  The advantage to using this for sending a test email message in Moodle (2.0) is that if there is an error, then with debugging on, you can actually see what the error is, because Moodle tries to send the test email message right when you enter the email address and click "Submit."

- Mike

(Search phrase for webcrawlers to index:  moodle test email sending in moodle)

Average of ratings: Useful (1)