Documtation for uploading Course Data

Documtation for uploading Course Data

by Gretchen Beers -
Number of replies: 1
Our school is implementing Moodle, and I've been asked to prepare course data from the Student Administrative system for uploading to Moodle. However, no one has any documentation describing this process, available file formats, and most of all the Moodle database fields and their attributes. I believe I would need detail specs for the courses them selves and also for the instructors. Can someone please tell me where this documentation exists? I've searched throughout the test system they set up and can only find documentation with the level of detail I'd like in the LDAP forms.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gretchen Beers

Re: Documtation for uploading Course Data

by Mark Pearson -
If you can get your course data out of the Student Admin system in a comma delimited file you can use a course upload script to create all the courses and categories. More details here :

You'll have to read through the material on this site. I am currently working on this year's Moodle install and so I don't have time to make it systematic, but the upload script is there, instructions for running it are there, and format of the data is also present. Rummage around and see what you find.

Cheers

Mark