Reading Assignment -ideas?

Reading Assignment -ideas?

by Simon Bryan -
Number of replies: 3
Hi all,
We have a need to store some documents and have a record that users have read them, they do not need to do anything else. In fact we are happy to kow that they have clicked on a link to the document to open it!
Is there an assignment type that might do this?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Simon Bryan

Re: Reading Assignment -ideas?

by Marshal Anderson -
You don't strictly need to use the assignment module here - if you have, say, a .pdf file on the course/lesson page any student clicking it will be recorded in the logs as having done so. Or do you need more than just that evidence?

Marshal
In reply to Simon Bryan

by Marc Grober -
What I have done from time to time is to use a lesson with a linked resource. You can have a question asking if the student completed the reading as well then as measure the "attempts" or you can have a quick open -ended question (i.e. no grades need be involved - but, of course, this doesn't mean that the student read anything. However, if you have guided questions and the reading material open at the same time.......
In reply to Marc Grober

by Simon Bryan -
THanks for the ideas guys. Have set it up as a Lesson. Sorry to be so long replying, but the Moodle server literally died the same day I sent the question and has been restored to a temporary home and then a more permanent home since.