Forum FAQ idea

Forum FAQ idea

by Chris Collman -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Documentation writers
The "forum ratings discussion really got me thinking. AT, great initial post 149 comments and counting!

One of ideas out of that threat was how to guide people to FAQs. Humm, why not a thread called "Recent FAQs". Redunant but sometimes that is good. So I gave it a little thought and went to Lesson Forum and created such a beast called Recent FAQs in Lesson Forum. My first reply has the subject is "Import PowerPoint troubles" and maybe that format will prove useful.

I also created a comment discussion post, to gather ideas. Figure this idea might build a good body of material, which then could be the basis for a more polished FAQ's in MoodleDocs or a database of links, or what ever.

I am thinking of other levels, but thought that nothing ventured with the tools in hand, nothing gained except more work for the developers smile

Chris
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Collman

Re: Forum FAQ idea

by A. T. Wyatt -
Ooo, I might win the prize for most replied to thread! clown

I help with three forums. I will look at yours and see if I can create some for my areas. But I am terrible with media wiki. You might have to help me out again!

atw
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

Re: Forum FAQ idea

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi,
Helping you out is not a problem. The MoodleDocs MediaWiki and I are old friends.

I feel at times I can be gentle but firmly opinionated. Give me a task and please don't hesitate to correct me.

And a blush over the most replies to an initial discussion post? tongueout Well to me that says it is an interesting topic, with a catchy title and that is marketing. I think an ImportPPT in Lesson is over 100 entries and we started a new one , same subject. And after all this is moodle.org design forum, 'enuff said before I really get off topic....again.

Best Chris