Book module installation

Book module installation

by nicola burton -
Number of replies: 12

Hi i wonder if you or anyone can help me

i am trying to install moodle book but have not had any luck

i have placed the book folder where it should be located and the lang files where they should be located but am unsure of the final step i need to do

i know i have to type in the address bar is this right - my moodle site name/ admin

but nothing happens for me

i would appreciate any help possible

nicola smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to nicola burton

Re: Book module installation

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Nicola,

For instructions on how to install the book module, please see the documentation on installing contributed modules or plugins.

PS. Just moving this discussion to the book module forum...
In reply to Helen Foster

by Deleted user -
I have this problem as well. I put the book folder in the mod directory and click on notifications like the instructions say and it doesn't even attempt to install. No message. What do I do to install it or figure out why it's not even trying to install it?
In reply to Deleted user

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Can you describe step by step how you tried to install it? And when you clicked on notifications do I presume nothing happened at all?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Deleted user -
1. Checked my moodle version in Notifications. Moodle 1.9.2+ (Build: 20081008)
2. Downloaded book module for moodle 1.9 from here: http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=319
3. Unzipped and copied "book" folder into "mod" folder on server.
4. Open moodle site, logged in as admin, clicked on notifications.
5. It opened the notifications page and did not appear to do anything towards installing the book module.

I also tried deleting the "book" folder, logging out of moodle, closing the browser, and starting all over. I've also tried the "Download latest version" after deleting the book folder, logging out, and exiting. Each time it does not appear to do anything, and the book option does not show up in the activities for a course.

Thanks for any advice you have.
In reply to Deleted user

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Just a quick one - you say it doesn't show up in the activities(add an activity) - does it show up in the resources? (add a resource) Because that's where mine is.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Deleted user -
It does not.
In reply to Deleted user

by Marilyn Varricchio -
Did this ever resolve for you? I am having the exact same problem.
In reply to Marilyn Varricchio

by Marilyn Varricchio -
Oops, nevermind. It all just fixed itself. thanks anyway.

by Paul Pyatt -
So how did it do this... your insight would help those of us that don't have it fixed.

by Yulia I -
I have same problem. Placed it into mod folder and nothing in notifications and activities. My moodle version is 1.9.5.
In reply to Deleted user

by john ivanac -

Hi fellow moodlers,

I copied the book.zip into the moddata file and then unzipped it but I keep getting the following error. Can anyone help this novice admionstrator please?

Thanks

John

Sydney Australia

• Creating temporary structures
  • Deleting old data
  • Copying zip file
  • Unzipping backup
  • Checking for BlackBoard export
  • Checking backup
    Error checking backup file. moodle.xml not found at root level of zip file.
In reply to john ivanac

by john ivanac -

Problem solved! The trick is to redeply the ZIP file in the server structure not in the course structure. Maybe I shoudl read installation specs more carefully next time!

Cheers fellow moodlers.

John

Sydney Australia