Quiz - Short answer but multiple entries

Quiz - Short answer but multiple entries

by Mary Beth McKee -
Number of replies: 4
Is there a way in Moodle to have a short answer with multiple elements?

For example, give students four boxes and ask them to list four of the seven continents. The professor wants to give partial credit, so that if a student listed 3 of 4 continents correctly, she would receive 75%.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Beth McKee

Re: Quiz - Short answer but multiple entries

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
This is not currently possible, but people have discussed making a question type like this in the past. I think it is a nice idea. I just don't have the time to do it myself.
In reply to Mary Beth McKee

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Have you tried using a Cloze-type question with short answer sub-questions in it? It should do exactly what you want.
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Mary Beth McKee -
Thanks Tim and Joseph for your replies; I was able to create the question type using the Cloze type. We have been using Moodle for about a year now, and in our old CMS, short answer questions could have multiple entries. It's just teaching faculty a new way to create the questions. Thanks again!
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Marcy Wrege -
I would like to try this, but do not know how to create a cloze type questions with short answer sub-questions....can you hele me out with that?