Hidden Assignments Appear in User Report

Hidden Assignments Appear in User Report

by Rob Monk -
Number of replies: 2

Is there are way to stop hidden items appearing in the User Report in Moodle 1.9

I have just upgraded from 1.8 and, Iike many others, I'm struggling with the new gradebook.

My course has over 40 assignments spread across 4 categories. Students will be a little daunted if the first time they click on Grades they see 40 tasks listed. That is what I see at present when I log in as a student. The students see all the assignments listed even though most are not visible yet and have not been set yet.

I have only set 3 of the the 40 tasks. The rest are not visible to students in the main course screen yet they show up in the User Report!! This is not what I want.

The old gradebook was good as the student view and teacher view was very similar.

Also can I have it so that students in the User Report see an aggregated grade for each category not a singe grade for the whole course? We don't give single grades for the whole course we give a separate grade for each of our 4 assessment categories?

In reply to Rob Monk

Re: Hidden Assignments Appear in User Report

by Martin Schuhmann -
Hi Rob,

as I noticed, grades for a hidden assignment are not automatically hidden. But you can hide the grades for a assignment in the gradebook. In the grader report view click on the "paper an pencil" button below the assignment. In the next dialog you can set the grades to "hidden".

Martin
In reply to Martin Schuhmann

Re: Hidden Assignments Appear in User Report

by Rob Monk -

I think I get it now.

To have an item hidden you need to hide it both in the course and in the grade book.

This is actually good. (The new gradebook needs some positive feedback!) It is good because you can make an assignment visible in the course and have students do it then mark it then make it visible in the grades.

Does a hidden grade effect their overall score?