Teacher Feedback/scores on top of student feedback/scores

Teacher Feedback/scores on top of student feedback/scores

by Jared Stein -
Number of replies: 2

I have some workshops set up in Moodle 1.8.1. If I, as the teacher, go in to assess a students submission, and that submission has already been self-assessed by that student, my teacher assessment feedback fields and scores already contain the students feedback and scores. It's as if I'm editing an already submitted teacher assessment, but the feedback and scores are from the student!

I have not assessed this one yet...

moodle03.jpg

But, lo and behold, the students' self-assessment results appear in my fields:

moodle06.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jared Stein

Re: Teacher Feedback/scores on top of student feedback/scores

by Jim Epler -

Hello,

We are also seeing this problem. Has it been identified as a known issue? We are running Moodle v.1.6. Does anyone know if it has been fixed in the latest build?

Thanks,

-Jim

Grossmont Union High School District
San Diego, CA
http://edtech.guhsd.net

In reply to Jim Epler

Re: Teacher Feedback/scores on top of student feedback/scores

by Jared Stein -
Not that I've heard. We installed 1.8.3 this month and I'm still seeing this (though I haven't created a new Workshop from scratch, I'm just relying on existing Workshops in the course). I want to test this more because I suspect it has something to do with release on the assessments etc.

What I've been doing as a work-around is simple: because my scoring of points over the top of the student's scoring of pointsdoes not eliminate their self-assessment points, I simply give them points as usual, but I append my feedback below theirs with my name as signature (e.g. "Put in more effort next time. --Mr Stein").

It's sort of clumsy, but it meets my needs for now until a fix comes along.