Workshop: Making peer assessors visible

Workshop: Making peer assessors visible

by Gareth Hamilton -
Number of replies: 1

I have been using the workshop quite a bit.  I have experimented with both names hidden and names visible to the assessor.  In a classroom based setting this makes little difference as pupils recognise the work anyway.

What I cannot figure out how to do is show the names of the assessor along with an assessed piece of work when it goes back to the student.  Students do not necessarily recognise who the feedback as come from.

My motivation for wanting to do this is that I feel at times people can be biased in their assessment in the knowledge that they will not be held accountable for what they give as feedback.  I would like to use the workshop as a jumping off point for a discussion but can't because there is no way of the student finding out who marked their work...

Any ideas?

Thanks, Gareth.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gareth Hamilton

Re: Workshop: Making peer assessors visible

by John Isner -
Do students see the name of the peer assessor when viewing their workshop grade? I can't remember. If not, isn't there an optional free-form comment field at the bottom of the assessment forum where peer assessors can add their names? You could make this a convention in your classroom.