Feedback - can't update properly

Re: Feedback - can't update properly

by Mike Forshaw -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I am having he same problem. Get the error message:

(mysql): ALTER TABLE mdl_feedback_completed ADD random_response BIGINT(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0

1146: Table 'moodle.mdl_feedback_completed' doesn't exist

I have deleted all mysql tables to do with feedback but still get the same message. There are no current feedback modules within our Moodle site.

I'm running version 1.9.1 of Moodle and have tried installing 1.8 and 1.9 feedback but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

add_field(Object:XMLDBTable, Object:XMLDBField) % line 108, file: upgrade.phpexecute_sql_arr(Array[1], true, true) % line 1060, file: ddllib.phpexecute_sql(ALTER TABLE mdl_feedback_completed ADD random_response BIGINT(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, true) % line 2223, file: dmllib.phpADOConnection.Execute(ALTER TABLE mdl_feedback_completed ADD random_response BIGINT(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0) % line 89, file: dmllib.phpADOConnection._Execute(ALTER TABLE mdl_feedback_completed ADD random_response BIGINT(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, false) % line 891, file: adodb.inc.php
In reply to Mike Forshaw

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi Mike,

your errormessages let me assume that there are some leavings of older feedback-installations.
Try to go into the administration panel -> modules -> activities -> manage activities and try to delete the old installation. Perhaps it is shown as modulename. If it is not listed or possible to delete so go into your database to the table mdl_modules. There you can drop the line with the field name = feedback. After that you should be able to install the feedback again.

Andreas
In reply to Andreas Grabs

by Mike Forshaw -

Thanks Andreas. You were right, I had deleted the feedback tables but not actually deleted it from the modules and blocks tables. Installed fine after they were removed.

Mike