Portfolios: exabis e-Portfolio-Module

Portfolios: exabis e-Portfolio-Module

by Andreas Riepl -
Number of replies: 207
Hello, we have just finished our ePortfolio-Module based on the ncsa-portfolio module of which we made a fork of. This module helps students build up portfolios, add assignments from within moodle and export them into a SCORM-compatible structure. It can be downloaded under http://www.moodlekurse.org - a documentation of the module in English language is available. Comments are welcome.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andreas Riepl

Re: Portfolios: exabis e-Portfolio-Module

by Heinz Krettek -
Hallo Andreas,

i tried to download the 2.o version but no success.

(in German: ich will im kommenden Schuljahr mit meinen Schülern auch die Portfolioarbeit beginnen; sie so im Praktikum aber auch während des Schuljahres begleiten und fördern.)

Heinz
In reply to Heinz Krettek

by Andreas Riepl -

hello Heinz, just click on "login as guest", then download starts automatically. everything should work.

andy

In reply to Heinz Krettek

by Detlef Wagner -
Hallo Heinz, so sieht man sich wieder. In Bamberg wollte ich noch mahara jetzt bin ich auch bei exabis. Dass das ein Modul ist, sollte die Sache vereinfachen, wenn ich sowieso schon eine Moodleplattform betreibe. An der "Parallelinstallation" von Moodle und Mahara bin ich gescheitert bzw. es war mir zu kompliziert.
Gibt es irgendwo eine deutsche anleitung um Import? Das zip-Archiv habe ich bereits. Ich denke nicht, dass das einfach eine Kurswiedrherstellung werden kann.

Gruß Detlef
In reply to Detlef Wagner

by Heinz Krettek -
Hallo Detlef,

sehe leider erst gerade Deine Nachricht sad

wo haben sich bei der mahoodle Install Probleme ergeben? gerne pm melden wink

Anleitung für Import? Was meinst Du da?

deutschsprachige tutorials findest Du auf http://ewiesion.com/wiki

Schönes WE

Heinz

by Jesús Martín -
Hi.
I have downloaded two versions.
One of them has 127 kb (http://moodlekurse.org/moodle_18/file.php/21/moddata/bookmark/2/707/Exabis_E-Portfolio_v2.00.zip), and the other one 180 kb (http://moodlekurse.org/moodle_18/mod/resource/view.php?id=311).
What is the rigtht one?

Thanks a lot.

In reply to Jesús Martín

by Andreas Riepl -
sorry for the inconvenience, basically both of them are right - in terms of functionality, the 127kb-version is the right one without redundant code - I have just corrected this problem.

by Philip Percival -
Hi Andreas,

We have moodle 1.6 and I downloaded the version from your site for that, but it looked very different to the documentation.

Does the new version 2.o work with Moodle 1.6 and should it look the same.
In reply to Philip Percival

by Philip Percival -
Hi Andreas,

I think I have found the answer and I need to stick with the version for 1.6.

It seems to work very well but I would be interested to know if you plan to integrate the 1.6 version with the grade book at all and whether or not the 1.6 version will be maintained upgraded in the future.

Thank you for your time.

Philip
In reply to Philip Percival

by Andreas Riepl -

Hello Philip, yes it is true, we have made a lot of enhancements to version 2.0. and the documentation is related to this current version. the older version 1.06 does have a documentation also, but it is in german. the problem with 1.06 is, that we use formlibs.php for some new features and this is used for moodle 1.7+ and not for versions below. 1.06 can be installed in future moodle-versions though

andy

by Van Howell -

I have downloaded your e-portfolio and would like to try it out. However, I need instructions on installation.

Could you help with this?

Van

In reply to Van Howell

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Copy the folders in the root folder (moodle) of your system. Copy the non en_utf8 language folder to your moodledata/lang folder.
Login as admin und start the messages area in the website administration block. Thats it.
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

Problem about exabis e-Portfolio-Module

by Selçuk aydemir -

Hello,

I am Selçuk. I am a science educator Fırat University- Turkey. I have used moodle in my courses for a long time (moodle 2.0.2). Lately, we successfully set up "Exabis e- portfolio" to moodle. However, we have some problems about Exabis e- portfolio. For example, I want to login the account of any student as a manager "login as" and I want to see, examine and comment about students' assignments. But, the system doesn't allow me (as a manager) to see and examine the students' portfolios.

I need your help about this problem.

Thank you so much
Sincerely...

In reply to Van Howell

by Andreas Riepl -

sure, just extract the whole zip-file to the main-directory of your moodle installation. we have a pdf-file online with detailed instructions ...

regards

andy

by Cal Flanders -
Hello,

I have just started to try this block and it has installed fine.
Two questions:

1) The module is not accessible outside of a particular course. I would think that users would want to use it in My Moodle or even from the front page when logged in. Is this possible?

2) What is the external ePortfolio-Link used for (shown in Information tab)? Also, when sharing files, what is the External Access used for?

Thank you,
Cal.
In reply to Cal Flanders

by Andreas Riepl -

hello cat, regarding your questions:

1. no the module is only accessible from within a course but actually it only needs to be activated in any course of the moodle-installation once. after this, it is accessible for students and then they can build up their portfolios within categories across different courses. this means that even in other courses, once activated, the student can access his/her portfolio. regarding mymoodle - we have not looked into that matter yet.

2. the external link is automatically created for each user and is the link where the published eportfolio-entries can be viewed from outside of the moodle installation. if an external visitor clicks on the link, and guest-access is allowed, the eportfolio can be accessed.

hope this information helps,

regards

andy

by Cal Flanders -
Thanks for your reply. We are finding that this block is working well in 1.8.2 and we are looking for a portfolio solution that allows students to easily move their work from one moodle to another.

May i ask why the portfolio files are stored in the course folders instead of in in a central user repository? The issue here is that the portfolio files are deleted if the course is deleted.

Also, if a maths file is uploaded to a maths category, and the user happens to be in a biology course at the time, the file is stored in the biology course. Of course the user does not need to know or care where the portfoilio files are stored, but administratively, it seems unusual to store user-centric data along with the course files.

If you have the time, please let me know why data is stored in this way.

Thanks very much,
Cal.
In reply to Cal Flanders

by Andreas Riepl -

actually this is due to a moodle-restriction. the
moodledata-directory is not (should not be) accessible directly - so there is a moodle-file called file.php - this file streams other files.
all infos can only be stored in courses and blogs (file.php says this). we do not want to change moodle-functionality so we left this case as it was.

moodle 2.0 will have a global repository according to petr skoda (one of the core-developers) and then we might change it.

Problem about exabis e-Portfolio-Module

by Selçuk aydemir -

Hello,

I am Selçuk. I am a science educator Fırat University- Turkey. I have used moodle in my courses for a long time (moodle 2.0.2). Lately, we successfully set up "Exabis e- portfolio" to moodle. However, we have some problems about Exabis e- portfolio. For example, I want to login the account of any student as a manager "login as" and I want to see, examine and comment about students' assignments. But, the system doesn't allow me (as a manager) to see and examine the students' portfolios.

I need your help about this problem.

Thank you so much
Sincerely...

In reply to Selçuk aydemir

Re: Problem about exabis e-Portfolio-Module

by John Blaser -

Hi Selcuk,

I started using Exabis last year with my 7th grade students. I really like it as it enabled them to easily create digital portfolios for the research and technology class I teach. This year both my 7th and 8th graders are using it.

Last year I experienced a similar problem - when I logged in as a student (to make minor corrections to their portfolios or to try to view them) I was unable to do so. It was frustrating not to have that capability and it made some aspects of using the module more difficult. We have a person here with programming expertise; he has done quite a bit of customization to our Moodle installation. Unfortunately, he is unable to modify the Exabis module to allow me to access the portfolios when I am logged in as a student.

I am sorry that I can't be more helpful. Hopefully, the developers will take note of this and modify the module to allow this kind of access. With this and a few other minor items, I really like Exabis and find it to be a great tool for my students to use for their digital portfolios.

John

by Christian Kloimboeck -
Hello!

We have moodle1.8.2 (2007021520) and exabis-v_2.01, which is particularly running except the fact, that comments on published items (files, links, ...) aren't stored. One can add an comment and one can see, that there is a comment, but the comment itself isn't displayed. Maybe this is connected to the following problem: one can check the checkbox "publish comments" , but after pressing save changes and looking again on this side for publishing items, the former checked checkbox is empty.
Has anyone an idea what we did wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Christian
In reply to Christian Kloimboeck

by Andreas Riepl -
actually we have troubleshooted this problem - it occurs if no previous installation of the module was done (only the last version) - some fields need to get updated. we are about to release a new version which is compatible with future role-models of moodle - we will release it at the end of this week, the problem will then be solved.

by Andrew Steele -
If you are issuing an update I note that some German words have found their way into the English version smile

I've updated my copy (v2.01) of bookmark.php to amend the English language file (attached)

Also the German 'Neu' appears hard coded in categories.php and viewcategories.php. I've changed them to 'New' for me but you could, presumably take the word from the appropriate language file.

Andrew

by Andrew Steele -
We're finding this portfolio module interesting but somewhat 'flakey'. Could it be us...smile

1. Once artifacts are stored in a portfolio they appear in the logged in views OK. However, in the external ePortfolio-Link the artifacts listed appear to be a random selection based upon certain categories. For example, in a trial portfolio we have six categories but only artifacts in three of them are displayed in the external e-portfolio view. I've been through and carefully ensured that the external view check box is checked for each one.

2. We have created two portfolios to experiment and each has shared material available. Both were originally listed in the Shared Portfolios view but, suddenly, one has disappeared. All the content is shared AND nothing changed other than shutting a PC down, having lunch and returning an hour later.

Are there are any clues to what we should check?

Andrew

In reply to Andrew Steele

by Andreas Riepl -

ok, let me try to answer. regarding aspect one, you are right. thats the part we have put least effort into - we have done many things in the background, fixes and adaptions to the role-system, etc. and we are about to release a new version. however the views have still not been optimized. we will work on this in the next few weeks.

regarding point 2. i can guarantee that our module does not react to lunchtime or shutdown pcs - but maybe look into the sharing-options. if you have checked share to all - then you are also included, if you check "only listed" users, the portfolio-owner is excluded - this has some kind of logic.

andy

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Andrew Steele -
You said:

...but maybe look into the sharing-options. if you have checked share to all - then you are also included, if you check "only listed" users, the portfolio-owner is excluded...

I had this already checked. The shared portfolio in question doesn't appear in anyone's shared folder list although it does have shared content.

Is there a means of completely deleting a portfolio and starting again? I wonder if a data flag has been set in error and so the data is flagged as not shared? Perhaps the update later in the week might miraculously fix this issue without further interaction.

Andrew

by Andrew Steele -
I see that version 2.02 is now available... Sadly it completely broke our previous v2.01 installation. I'll describe the two issues.

1. On logging in I find that only administrators have the Exabis block visible.

I changed the role permissions for Authenticated User which were 'Not Set' by default to 'Allow'. The block is then visible to students.

2. When attempting to access My Portfolio or view the list of shared portfolios from the Moodle block a server 404 page not available error is displayed. In effect the ePortfolios cannot be displayed.

3. As an aside, in the Roles and Permissions, the block is named modulename rather than Exabis E-Portfolio or similar. A minor but potentially confusing issue.

So, at this point, an unhelpful upgrade sad Any thoughts?

Andrew

by Andreas Riepl -
ok, I will look into this matter. We have tested the eportfolio-Module in the standard-role-setting, administrators as well as teachers are able to add the block. is it possible that you have defined different roles?

by Andrew Steele -
We installed the block without trouble. But the pages just stopped displaying. We have all the standard roles and permissions.

But I think it could be a permissions/roles thing. Can't work out what though.

But we made a decision to wait for a little more development before rolling out.

Happy to continue helping to identify issues and solutions though.

Andrew

by Andreas Riepl -

andrew, can you please help us identify the problem - we are not able to reconstruct it. which moodle-version are you using? is this a standard-installation? did you have a previous installation of the module?

regards

andy

by Andrew Steele -
I've been away working for a few days... Just before I left I tried uninstalling the Exabis ePortfolio module with a view to making a clean install f the new version. But then I discovered that the SQL tables were not removed in the uninstall so I have to manually remove these first.

I'll report back when I have more information.

I am using Moodle 1.8.2 - had v2.01 of the ePortfolio installed and installed v2.02 over the top.

2.01 was working fine (within the known limitations).

Andrew

by Andrew Steele -
OK...

I see one error that seems to explain the issue.

Having removed all remnants of the previous installation, I transfer the portfolio block into Moodle. The install runs OK and all the table entries are fine...

EXCEPT there is an error at the end which states:

Could not set up eportfolio capabilities!

Under that the statement:

Exabis E-Portfolio tables have been set up correctly

The block is then available but clicking on the links in the block return a page not available error from the Windows web server.

Does this help?

Andrew

by Andreas Riepl -

we have looked into the matter but were not able to reconstruct the problem. we need more information. using the regular standard roles the module is enabled for authenticated users. which version of moodle are you using?

by Andrew Steele -
As previously noted we are Moodle 1.8.2. The module was enabled for authenticated users. The server is Win2003 using IIS.

Completely removing v2.02 and then reinstalling 2.01 fixed the problem but restored the earlier issues reported.

Andrew

by Christian Petter -
Hello

We are also experiencing problems with the Shared Portfolios. In the beginning sharing seemed to work fine, but after some time shared portfolios disappeared without any reason.
We really like the portfolio block and consider the share function an essential element of this block. However, we couldn't figure out why shared portfolios disappear at random without making any changes to the share settings.

We are using version 2.1 of the portfolio block in Moodle 1.8.4

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Best
Christian
In reply to Christian Petter

by Paolo Tramonti -

We also have problems with Shared Portfolios: some students are missing and some students are double in the list.

The problem is in the viewpeople.php file: I read that the array returned from function "get_records_sql" (see http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=60818) require that the first field is a primary key.

So I modified the query in get_records_sql to return the field "bf.userid" as first parameter in the select, and now seem work fine.

Ciao
Paolo

by Colin Kerner -
Hi
We are happily running Moodle 1.8+ and have just installed exabis 2.02.
All seems to have gone according to plan, block added to various courses fine. The problem is, no-one (Administrator, Teacher or Student) can access My Portfolio. The message is "You do not have the necessary rights".
We are using the standard Moodle Roles and permissions.
I recall that some time ago we tried out v1.06 without this problem.

Col
In reply to Colin Kerner

by Andreas Riepl -

hello, we just did the whole role-concept to make our module compatible for current moodle-versions. we are just having our module reviewed and will hopefully have version 2.03 available by the end of next week - this should solve the problems.

regards

andy

by Andrew Steele -
I'm hoping this will also resolve the issue I mentioned with v2.02 as well. Certainly, reverting back to v2.01 got everything back for us.

Andrew

by Andreas Riepl -
update: within the reviewing-process we have just received a detailed review of our module by petr skoda, lead security-officer of Moodle. His result of the review is, that at the moment he does not recomment this module for production sites until corrections in the code have been made that he has recommended. we are just undergoing code-change to meet these requirements and should have them available by next week - we are working on it ;)

by Colin Wheelhouse -

Hi

I am running exabis 2.02 on moodle 1.8.2 and it seems to be working ok with one exception, that is when you choose the view portfolio tab from within the participants profile when logged in as the user or admin then you get error 404 page not found. However you can view the portfolio and its contents fine when you access it from the my portfolio link inside the module block. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Colin

In reply to Colin Wheelhouse

by Andrew Steele -
I think we're waiting for the update that is promised which will probably fiz a number of issues.

Andrew

Shared Portfolio problems

by Van Howell -

This is a different issue.

We have some students that have shared portfolios with instructors. Those shared portfolios show up in every class that has the portfolio block. Additionally portfolios from previous semesters remain in the teachers shared portfolio blocks.

There needs to be a way for an instructor to remove a shared portfolio shared to them?

There needs to be a way to make the shared portfolios related only to the classes?

Thanks for your help on this.

This module has become very widely used on our campus.

In reply to Van Howell

Re: Shared Portfolio problems

by Andreas Riepl -

the basic concept of portfolio-work is that only the one that shares the portfolios is the that decides what to share and unshare. giving your inquiry more thought I have to admit that you are right on the behalf that maybe some students that leave may forget to unshare their portfolios - what happens to this data then? we will think about that.

regards

andy

Latest Updates

by Khawer Ishtiaq -
Any news on the latest update???

Or is it still not recommended to use this on production sites

by Dennis Williams -
Andreas,

Two questions:

1) have you given more thought to allowing the professor to unshare student portfolios? I have a long list of portfolio's shared with me from previous semesters. I'd like to unshare them. Alternately, could a feature be constructed to allow the professor to categorize shared portfolios...say create a category under shared...Fall 2008, Spring 2009, etc. and then categorize portfolios shared with the professor in that way.

2) What determines the order in which the portofolios are shared? When this term's students share, they are all over the list of shared portfolios...not alphabetically, not chronological. This makes hunting through the list (see #1) for current student portfolios difficult. It would be useful if there appeared to be a discernable pattern.

Curiously.

DW
In reply to Dennis Williams

by Andreas Riepl -
regarding your questions:

1. we will build an administration-panel where you can unshare portfolios of students in the next bigger release
2. we will implement grouping - this should make the lists more structured

regards
andy

by Andreas Riepl -

we have finally made it! after running through an extensive reviewing-process we have finally received the ok regarding security, and maintainability of the module. we have just made the module available at moodlekurse.org and will put it into the cvs shortly.

IMPORTANT:

due to major changes in the directory-structure (making the module compatible for future versions of Moodle) version 2.1 onward is not directly compatible with earlier versions. For those that have used the module so far - we are just writing on an update-script to transfer user-data from the old version to 2.1.

For those that have no user-data in this block sofar - install, lean back and enjoy!

by Charles Applegate -

Hi, I keep getting the message "You don't have the necessary rights" when trying to access the portfolio. I am logged in as administrator, on 1.8.2+, with version 2.0.2 downloaded from http://www.hak-steyr.at/eportfolio/?page_id=2.

Having looked at portfolio/view.php, the message may come from:

if (!has_capability('block/exabisportfolio:use', get_context_instance(CONTEXT_MODULE, SITEID))) {
        error("You don't have the necessary rights.");
    }

Having looked at the roles, block/exabisportfolio:use is set to 'Allow'. Any ideas? The block is exactly what we need, if we can get it to work!

Thanks in advance,

Charles.

In reply to Charles Applegate

by Andrew Steele -
Have you set the role permissions?

As I recall you need to set the permissions for Authenticated Users to 'ALLOW' whereas they are 'Not Set' by deafult.

(Log in as administator, in the Admin block go to: users, permissions, define roles and then edit the roles you need to change).

The Exabis ePortfolio block appears in the list as modulename

Andrew

by Andreas Riepl -

we have now made many changes to the role-system - with the standard-roles you should be able to use the module - if you want to particularly block a certain functionality you will have to work with global roles.

andy

In reply to Charles Applegate

by Andreas Riepl -
we have made modifications to the module - in case you don't have any user-data in the module so far, you can just download the newest version and install it - everything should work. in case you have used previous versions - this version is not compatible with them because we had to change directory-structure etc. - we are, however working on an update-script to make old data available in the new block.

by Wolfgang Thaller -

Hallo Andreas,

I am trying to install the eportfolio version 2.1. Unfortunately I am not sure where to install the eportfolio files. In changelog.txt ist says "Directory of whole portfolio-plugin is now blocks/exabis_eportfolio" whereas in the online doc (http://docs.moodle.org/en/Exabis_e-portfolio_block) it refers to the "MAIN installation directory ". I first tried to install to "MAIN installation directory"/blocks/exabis_eportfolio, but could not get it to work. After that I installed to to main directory which leads to overwriting Moodle's index.php with the eportfolio 0-byte index.php. Maybe you could shed some light on this.

Thanks - Wolfgang

In reply to Wolfgang Thaller

by Andreas Riepl -

as stated in changelog, the module is now installed in the blocks-subdirectory of moodle. this is a change regarding to previous versions. just as with any other third-party-tool with block-character, the exabis_eportfolio has to be copied to the blocks-folder.

after transferring the files to blocks/exabis_eportfolio visit the admin-page, then the tables are installed automatically

regards

andy

by Wolfgang Thaller -

Thanks Andy,

I got the tables to install now.

Just recopied all the files to /moodle_maindir/blocks/exabis_eportfolio. Then logged in as admin user and went to http://url_to__moodle_site/admin.

Greetings from GRG3, Wien

by Will Taylor -
Thanks!
I had seamless installation & setup in both 1.8.4+ and 1.9.

One ?glitch -
If I access my portfolio while in course A, and import an assignment that was created in & submitted to course B, it shows up identified as being from course A. Is it possible to change this, to reflect the course in which the assignment file was created & originally uploaded?
In reply to Will Taylor

by James Phillips -
Where can I download this module from? I went to the site mentioned but nothing happens when I click the download section (I can't read the language though, which isn't helping!). The module looks great. Just what I am after.
Cheers,

James
In reply to James Phillips

by James Phillips -
Thanks! Got it! Excellent!
In reply to James Phillips

by Paul McKillop -

We have installed the block and it is visible when I log in as an adminsitrator or as a tutor.

However, when I login in using my 'student' ID I cannot see the Exabis block on the course page. I am enrolled on the course.

The documentation says that the Block must be activated. What are the steps to do this?

In reply to Paul McKillop

by Andreas Riepl -

which version of moodle are you using? which version of exabis e-portfolio-module are you using? did you have a previous version installed?

on standard installation with versions 1.8+ and 1.9 after installation the module is available for all courses, mymoodle-page and front-page of the moodle-installation.

if you can't see the module, maybe you have different setting with the capabilities (global roles)...

regards

andy

by Paul McKillop -

Thanks for the speedy reply, Andy.

I am using Moodle v 1.8.4 and Exabis 2007110600. We are running a test server before full transfer from 1.7.x, and students are being created manually, rather than through LDAP or other authentication.

I am seeing the module when I am logged in as the admin and if I create a global student role, it appears on the student's course page. I don't think I am supposed to create such global students (or am I?).

When a person is assigned a student role in a single course, the module is not visible to them, although it was there in the admin role.

I think that I may need some guidance on the way that roles are created so that the module to be seen.

Regards,

Paul

In reply to Paul McKillop

by Andreas Riepl -
please use version 2008010600 - this is the internationally approved version where we have reprogrammed the usage of the role-system - and - yes, you are right, you do not need to create global roles except for the case that you want to restrict the use of certain functionalities of the module.

by Peter Milliken -

I have started to develop my schools moodle site by adding on e-portfoilo the problem that I seem to have is that the students can only upload files into their area using scorm zip. This is a real problem as the security on the network does not allow students access to zip files. Is it possible too up load non zip files into the students e-portfolio area. Your advice would be greatly received.

Regards

Peter

by Paul McKillop -
Thanks, Andy. I will discuss this with our network gurus and report back.

by Paul McKillop -

Andy, The latest version of the module has been installed and now appears to be working correctly. Thanks for the help with this.

Paul

Απάντηση: Re: exabis e-Portfolio-Module

by Panayiotis Papaharalambous -

I use Moodle 1.8.4!

I' ve installed Exabis ePortfolio downloaded from http://moodlekurse.org/ (Exabis_E-Portfolio_v2.1.zip 151KB)!

However, the version.php file says version 20071007 and I have problems with export & import functions, as well as with the role-permissions

Where can I get version 2008010600 or the current version?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<?php  //$Id: version.php,v 1.1 2003/10/21 18:21:08 willcast Exp $
// This file defines the current version of the
// backup/restore code that is being used.  This can be
// compared against the values stored in the
// database (backup_version) to determine whether upgrades should
// be performed (see db/backup_*.php)

$bookmark_version = 20071007;   // The current version is a date (YYYYMMDDXX)

$bookmark_release = "2.03";  // User-friendly version number

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by Susana L. -
I downloaded the module 4 days ago from Moodle Modules and plugins page and i noticed that all the links were pointing to the same page. I installed the module in a test server and i checked version.php file:
$bookmark_version = 20071007; // The current version is a date (YYYYMMDDXX)
$bookmark_release = "2.03"; // User-friendly version number

We started testing the module to run it in production... but after reading these posts a can see that 2007 version is not the latest one...

I tried today to find the module in moodle modules and plugins page but i couldn't find it anymore...

Can anyone help?
Thank you.
In reply to Susana L.

by Orlando Collado -
In reply to Orlando Collado

From that site you are supposed to download Exabis_E-Portfolio_v2.1.zip 151KB. However, something is wrong cause after downloading the version.php file says

We are looking for version 2008010600

In reply to Orlando Collado

by Susana L. -

Thank you!

Do you know why is it no longer available at Modules and Plugins section?

In reply to Susana L.

by Andreas Riepl -

by Susana L. -
Well... something weirdo is going on here smile
I'm sorry but I can't see the module at the link you sent.. I attached a screen shot...
Attachment screenshot_ModulesPlugins.gif
In reply to Susana L.

by Andreas Riepl -

you can access the latest version of the modul under:

http://moodlekurse.org/moodle_18/file.php/13/Exabis_E-Portfolio_v2.1.zip

regards

andy

Sorry, Andreas but when I extract the Exabis_E-Portfolio_v2.1.zip the  version.php file contains the following information

We are looking for version 2008010600, release 2.1

What are we doing wrong?

In reply to Panayiotis Papaharalambous

Re: Απάντηση: Re: exabis e-Portfolio-Module

by Andreas Riepl -

we have just uploaded a new version 2.1.1 - but we have only done minor changes. we have also looked into your problem but were not able to reconstruct it. could you make the changes that you have made to export.php available so we can check?

regards

andreas

Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: Re: exabis e-Portfolio-Module

Thank you for the new version (v.2.1.1)! The version.php file looks OK now! However, I still have the "export" problem!

I attach,as you requested, the export.php file with the changes I made.

Basically, I use a new variable called $ridentifier, similar to your variable $identifier, which is global (maybe there is a security issue there) inside the function get_category_content. This variable  keeps increasing ($ridentifier++).

Comparing the old and the new imsmanifest.xml file you can see clearly the difference at the resources!

It works for me! And I hope it works for you too! Please inform me of your checks.

Regards,

Panayiotis

by Susana L. -
But if you check "Your Moodle Site> Administration> Modules> Blocks" you will have Exabis E-Portfolio 2008010600...

In reply to Susana L.

Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: Re: exabis e-Portfolio-Module

Thanks!

The truth is that I never checked that out! You are correct!

And since Andreas made the new version 2.1.1 available, the new version.php file displays the right info.

by Susana L. -

Hi,

I noticed one small issue that i would appreciate if you could please verify:

When i get to export.php (by clicking in "Export" directly in Exabis E-Portfolio block or, clicking "My Portfolio" then tab "Import/Export" and then "Export") my breadcrumb links "MyPortfolio>Exporl/Import" have a wrong URL. I get something with id=0 instead of id=course id (ex: http://myMoodle.pt/blocks/exabis_eportfolio/exportimport.php?id=0).

Could you please verify if you have the same issue?
Thank you in advance.
susana

PS:

Moodle 1.8.3+
In reply to Susana L.

I get that, having the message "That's an invalid course id", if I move backwards from

with URL: http://localhost/moodle/blocks/exabis_eportfolio/exportimport.php?id=0

while going forwards I get the right id (e.g http://localhost/moodle/blocks/exabis_eportfolio/exportimport.php?courseid=1)

By the way, do you know how I can add this exabis block "automatically" to every course, so I don't have to add it every time a create a new course?

by Susana L. -
Now i can access the module in moodle.org using the link you sent.
Something was not working properly yesterday...
thanx and regards,
susana

by Frank Liauw -
Hi Andreas, thanks for the great block. It serves kind of like a MyFiles replacement and a personal portfolio for our students. However, I do have a couple of questions.

1. We do not have guest access enabled. Thus, are we either able to allow external visitors to view the ePortfolio or can we completely disable the external ePortfolio?

2. Is it possible to completely disable the Import/Export features? We've assigned course creator a prohibit role and inherit for the rest of the roles except administrator, but the Import/Export links are still there.
In reply to Frank Liauw

by Andreas Riepl -

regarding your questions:

1. no, guest-access is obligatory, we need to use this moodle-restriction in order not to open up a security-hole. you can only change the capabilities that are listed - block/exabis_eportfolio:shareextern can be restriced.

import/export can be restricted by group-policies of group user or by teachers and students in the roles of block/exabis_eportfolio:export and :import

by Ruben Jansen -

Is it possible for admin to see the portfolios of all users? Even if the user didn't share it to the admin or teachers?

I like to control the contents to avoid misuse.

In reply to Ruben Jansen

by Andreas Riepl -

there is a clear no to that question. due to the fact that eportfolios are personal information it is not allowed for the administrator to access portfolios of individuals. this is part of the basic concept - we didn't have this restriction in earlier versions but programmed it into the module to check for the login-as-mode of the administrator.

regards

andy

by Ruben Jansen -
That's a pity. I work with pupils between 12 and 18 and sometimes it's really necessary to check what they are doing (mostly after complaints of other users). I understand the basic concept of a portfolio, but I like to control it a little bit.

Regards!

by Francesco Scarano -
Hi andreas.
I've installed exabis on moodle 1.8.3+
(exabis file version.php:
$bookmark_version = 20071007; // The current version is a date (YYYYMMDDXX)
$bookmark_release = "2.03"; // User-friendly version number).
I have a problem when i share file or bookmark; in the share list i see only student and docent (editingteacher role) but no docent (nonediting role) and other rule (for example admin or course creator).
How to do? I try download a new version (v2.1) but i cheked version.php and i see same version of my!!
How download version 2008010600 the real 2.1?
Thanks for reply.

Απάντηση: exabis e-Portfolio-Module

I use Moodle 1.8.4+ and Exabis ePortfolio (bookmark_version = 20071007;   bookmark_release = "2.03"). Still trying to get version 2.1!

"My export problem": 

I download the zip file created by clicking at "Create  SCORM file" during the export procedure. I open the resulting file with the Reload Editor (http://www.reload.ac.uk/editor.html) as promt at documentation (http://docs.moodle.org/en/Exabis_e-portfolio_block). However, the links between automated menu-entries and resources is wrong, therefore producing wrong html-views.

What is the problem? Or am I the only one facing this?

"My import problem":

Having a student role or a teacher role I can't import an exported portfolio (zip file), since I can't make the "Import" button appear! I have activated this option as administrator for both students and teachers setting the fuction "block/exabis_eportfolio:import" to ALLOW.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Re: Απάντηση: exabis e-Portfolio-Module

by Andreas Riepl -

regarding the export-problem, as i said, we were not able to reconstruct it. regardin the import-problem - this is not a problem but was implemented according to the role-system of moodle - an administrator would have to create a global role which would override the defaults. by default the import is disabled because of security-reasons.

regards

andy

Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: exabis e-Portfolio-Module

Hi Andreas!

I'm still trying to find a way to solve my import problem!

I know that Legacy Role:Authenticated user, the Legacy Role: Teacher and the Legacy Role:Student has the capability "block/exabis_eportfolio:import" set to NOT SET.

• If a change the capability to ALLOW at the Legacy Role:Authenticated user  then it is ALLOW to Legacy Role:Teacher as well as to the Legacy Role:Student
  • If a keep the capability to NOT SET at the Legacy Role:Authenticated user and change the capability to ALLOW only at the Legacy Role:Teacher nothing happens. 

I'd like to be ALLOW only to the Legacy Role:Teacher and not to the Legacy Role:Student so teachers can import a portoflio and students can't

I did try to override the Legacy Role:Teacher but still nothing.

Can you give me any help? If possible, please enumerate the steps a should follow

Re: Απάντηση: exabis e-Portfolio-Module

by Susana L. -
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem exporting SCORM...
In Reload we can check that the menu does not match the right content.
However all the links were right under first category.

regards.
In reply to Susana L.

Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: exabis e-Portfolio-Module

Please, try the export.php file I've attached (litle bit changed then the original one) and verify if you get the right results!

Thanks!

Re: Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: exabis e-Portfolio-Module

by Susana L. -
Yes, i get the right result!
It seems that the export problem is fixed ;)

thank you,
susana
In reply to Susana L.

Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: exabis e-Portfolio-Module

I'm happy to hear that!

I hope Andreas will test it further more and probably intergrate the changes to his module.

Re: Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: exabis e-Portfolio-Module

by Andreas Riepl -
hello, thanks for your feedback, we have implemented the corrections. regarding your code, it was perfectly ok. the only change we made was in the variable defined - it should not be defined globally according to petr skoda - we changed that and put you into our changelog.

regards
andy

by Jeff Wood -
Block looks good big grin
I've installed in moodle 1.9 and works fine as admin.
As a teacher I can add the block, but there are no options (My Portfolio, Shared portfolio) only the block title. As a student I don't see anything.

I've edited roles to "allow" teachers full access to the block. No luck.

Any ideas?

Jeff
In reply to Jeff Wood

Although I use moodle 1.8.4+, just an idea!

Did you try to check the capabilities at the Authenticated user role?

by Jeff Wood -
Good call big grin

Once I gave the authenticated user (user - role) permission it worked.

Thanks!

Jeff

PS - Someday I'll get this role stuff sorted out.

Απάντηση: exabis e-Portfolio-Module

When I import a Moodle assignment it doesn't mention the name of the course the assignment is relating too, but then name of the course from where I've entered the Portfolio.

For example:
I make a Moodle assignment for Course 101. I open my portfolio while being at Course 102 (mmp / ► ΜΟ102 / ► My Portfolio / ► Export/Import / ► Import from Moodle-assignments) to import the above assignment

(See image below)

After importing it (mmp / ► ΜΟ102 / ► My Portfolio / ► Files), the course name under the Course Tab is Course 102.

Shouldn't that be Course 101?

Attachment Added_Files.png

by James Jones -
Hello, I have the exabis block running on my dev site and I really like it. I see you can add roles within a course, but I am interested in setting up a super user who can upload and/or post private content within student portfolios. Is this possible with exabis?
In reply to James Jones

by Andreas Riepl -

not so far but it sound like an interesting idea, can you elaborate a little more on that?

regards

andy

by James Jones -
Of course. We are trying to use the portfolio for medical education. When a learner completes an assignment and shares it with the educator the educator gives his/her evaluation. As well as evaluations the educator would like to post customized assignments within learners portfolio. We have the need to do this across multiple courses with multiple educators. Just as you can set a global admin on moodle we would like a global admin within the exabis block. I hope thats clear.

We are very excited about the portfolio and will be switching to exabis for trials with our upcoming fellows.

Thanks,
James

by Jean-Pierre Pawlak -
Are there any plans to make it possible (for administrators) to limit the maximal upload of users?
In reply to Jean-Pierre Pawlak

by Andreas Riepl -
we are thinking about quite a few things. we have compiled a "wish-list" which we will start working on in July. I will translate this list within the next few days and put it up on moodlekurse.org for discussion.

by Rene van der Weijden -
For whom it concerns:
I made a dutch translation (for folder nl_utf8) for the exabis e-portfolio-module.
See the attachment.
In reply to Rene van der Weijden

by Andreas Riepl -
thanks! we will make a new version of our module with minor changes available in the beginning of July and will include your translation!
regards
andy

by José Ángel Polo -

I need change sharelib.php code to order by lastname when I share my files.

Code (sharelib.php)

<?php

// Print a list of teachers and students of a specific course

function print_user_listing($courseid, $bookid, $table,$course) {

global $USER;

$name=get_string("name");

$role=get_string("role");

echo "<table width=\"70%\">";

echo "<tr><th align=\"center\">&nbsp;</th><th align=\"left\">Usuario</th><th align=\"right\">$role</th></tr>";

$teachers = get_course_teachers($courseid);

if ($teachers){

foreach ($teachers as $teacher){

if ($teacher->username != "guest" && $teacher->lastname != "" && $teacher->firstname != ""){

// && $teacher->id != $USER->id){

echo "<tr><td align=\"center\">";

$count_this=count_records($table, "bookid", $bookid, "userid", $teacher->id);

if ($count_this >= 1){

echo "<input type=\"checkbox\" name=\"sharethis[]\" value=\"$teacher->id\" checked=\"checked\" />";

}else{

echo "<input type=\"checkbox\" name=\"sharethis[]\" value=\"$teacher->id\" />";

}

echo "</td><td align=\"left\">" . fullname($teacher, $teacher->id) . "</td><td align=\"right\">$course->teacher</td></tr>";

}

}

}

$students = get_course_students($courseid);

if ($students){

foreach ($students as $student){

if ($student->username != "guest" && $student->lastname != "" && $student->firstname != ""){

// && $student->id != $USER->id){

echo "<tr><td align=\"center\">";

$count_this=count_records($table, "bookid", $bookid, "userid", $student->id);

if ($count_this >= 1){

echo "<input type=\"checkbox\" name=\"sharethis[]\" value=\"$student->id\" checked=\"checked\" />";

}else{

echo "<input type=\"checkbox\" name=\"sharethis[]\" value=\"$student->id\" />";

}

echo "</td><td align=\"left\">" . fullname($student, $student->id) . "</td><td align=\"right\">$course->student</td></tr>";

}

}

}

echo "</table>";

}

function get_extern_access($userid) {

global $CFG;

if (! $access = get_record("block_exabeporexte", "user_id", $userid) ) {

$externaccess = new stdClass();

$externaccess->user_id = $userid;

do {

$hash = substr(md5(uniqid(rand(), true)), 3, 8);

} while(record_exists("block_exabeporexte", "user_hash", $hash));

$externaccess->user_hash = $hash;

insert_record("block_exabeporexte", $externaccess);

return "extern.php?id={$externaccess->user_hash}";

}

else {

return "extern.php?id={$access->user_hash}";

}

}

function print_js() {

echo "<script type=\"text/javascript\">\n";

echo "<!--\n";

echo "function SetAllCheckBoxes(FormName, FieldName, CheckValue)\n";

echo "{\n";

echo " if(!document.getElementById(FormName))\n";

echo " return;\n";

echo " var objCheckBoxes = document.getElementById(FormName).elements[FieldName];\n";

echo " if(!objCheckBoxes)\n";

echo " return;\n";

echo " var countCheckBoxes = objCheckBoxes.length;\n";

echo " if(!countCheckBoxes)\n";

echo " objCheckBoxes.checked = CheckValue;\n";

echo " else\n";

echo " // set the check value for all check boxes\n";

echo " for(var i = 0; i < countCheckBoxes; i++)\n";

echo " objCheckBoxes[i].checked = CheckValue;\n";

echo " if (CheckValue == true)\n";

echo " document.getElementById(FormName).selectall.value = \"1\";\n";

echo " else\n";

echo " document.getElementById(FormName).selectall.value = \"0\";\n";

echo "}\n";

echo "// -->\n";

echo "</script>\n";

}

?>

Svar: exabis e-Portfolio-Module

by Peter Lissenko -
Hello and thanks for the very useful Block. I have made a translation to swedish...
/Peter
In reply to Peter Lissenko

Re: Svar: exabis e-Portfolio-Module

by Andreas Riepl -
thanks! we will integrate it in the next version.

andy

Απάντηση: Re: Svar: exabis e-Portfolio-Module

"Translation" bug to be considered to the new version!!!

Check file "add_note.php" line 52

It is written: "error("No categories", "view.php?courseid=" . $courseid);"

Line must be changed as follows:

" print_error("nocategories", "block_exabis_eportfolio", "view.php?courseid=" . $courseid);"

(I submit the new file)

Regards

exabis e-Portfolio-Module

by Kevin Wang -
Hello all:

I very like the block module. But I have some problem for export the SCORM-File. Because my moodle system use Chinese, so the SCROM-file can't be correct analysis. Please Help me. Thanks!

My moodle system is 1.9.3+ .

imsmanifest.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<manifest identifier="wsxExport" version="1.1" xmlns="http://www.imsproject.org/xsd/imscp_rootv1p1p2" xmlns:adlcp="http://www.adlnet.org/xsd/adlcp_rootv1p2" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.imsproject.org/xsd/imscp_rootv1p1p2 imscp_rootv1p1p2.xsd
http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imsmd_rootv1p2p1 imsmd_rootv1p2p1.xsd
http://www.adlnet.org/xsd/adlcp_rootv1p2 adlcp_rootv1p2.xsd">
<organizations default="DATA">
<organization identifier="DATA">
<title> Information </title>
<item identifier="ITEM-1000000" isvisible="true" identifierref="RES-1000000">
<title> &ccedil;? &aring;?&eacute;? </title>
</item>
</organization>
<organization identifier="PORTFOLIO">
<title> My Portfolio </title>
<item identifier="B0001" isvisible="true">
In reply to Kevin Wang

by Andreas Riepl -
can you please provide us with the scorm-export-file so we can analyze it?

by Matt McGraw -
don't really have a SCORM file... i'm just curious what exabis' "external link" links to... does that make sense?
In reply to Matt McGraw

by Andreas Riepl -
it is a link to publish portfolio-entries to the web of one's individual portfolio.

by Matt McGraw -
Thanks.

Is there anyway to customize the output? Can different layouts or designs be used?

Matt

by Markus Garlichs -
Hi Andreas,

is it possible to hide some flags? for example we don`t need for our moodle installation the page "files" or "external links"??

thanx
In reply to Markus Garlichs

by Andreas Riepl -
we are about to release a new version, there we have combined these different data-types in one pulldown-menu

by Phil Nichols -
Got it installed on our Moodle and it works fine.

However, when it comes to sharing the learner only has the option of sharing the portfolio with other learners. Teachers for the course with the portfolio do not show up in the list of people that can be shared with.

Is this by design? Is there a way to allow teachers of a course to view the files and comments added to a portfolio by their learners?
In reply to Phil Nichols

by Chris Kemp -

Hi I’m in the same position, I realise that the core concept of a portfolio is to keep the data private to an individual but for pedagogical reasons allowing a learner to share an item to a teacher is a very valid modification.

We have the portfolio running on our Moodle but this one aspect is stopping the system wide adoption of the system.

If anyone has a solution to this issue Im very interested.

Thanks

In reply to Phil Nichols

by Hartmut Scherer -
Hi Phil,

It's our first week in this semester and also the first week that we use e-Portfolio. When I use a fake student for test purposes and let him share a file with me as his teacher, as a test student I see all students enrolled in this class plus the teacher. As a teacher I can see and open the shared file. I use Exabis_E-Portfolio_2.1.3. I asked another student to share a file with me, but I am still waiting for his shared file.

As I have no experience with e-Portfolio, I am not sure whether I understand your question or problem as a teacher with e-Portfolio.
In reply to Hartmut Scherer

by Andreas Riepl -
try out new version ;)

by Hartmut Scherer -
Thanks for the new version. I downloaded the file. Currently I am using Portfolio 2.1.3 and I am not sure if I have to uninstall this version first before I can install the new version. What is the recommended procedure? Students have already started using the Portfolio 2.1.3 so I don't want to destroy their work.
When I extracted the zipped file of the new version I saw many folders but I had no idea where to put the files or where I can find the respective folder in our Moodle installation. Are there setup instructions available?
In reply to Hartmut Scherer

by Kristy Rhea -
We have 2.1 istalled and what to upgrade to the latest version, but would also like to know the recommended procedure...can find nothing but new install insructions. 
In reply to Phil Nichols

by Andreas Riepl -
Moodle had some changes in the way roles are addressed in current version so we had to change some things. We have done quite some programming and have - after several internal versions - just released the newest one - 3.2.0. We recommend using this version only on new test-installations - we are still running tests.
We have documented all changes on moodlekurse.org

andy

by Phil Nichols -
So, to clarify, is student inability to share portfolios with course tutors to be expected in the current stable release of exabis e-portfolio?

And in a future stable release this will be fixed so that students can share with teachers?

In reply to Phil Nichols

by Andreas Riepl -
students as well as teachers can share portfolios with each other - this works with the current version (3.2.0) as well as with future versions.

by Sulaiman Hana Permana -
Where can I download it from (version 3.2.0)?
In reply to Sulaiman Hana Permana

by Andreas Riepl -
we have moved to a different server, everything should be up and running again.

andy

תשובה ל: Re: exabis e-Portfolio-Module

by Einat Rozner -

Thanks for the new ePortfolio version (3.2)

When I get in to My Portfolio as student and try to share others  (views) - I choose Access only for the following user
and I can see the names of the courses, but without the list of students that are in the course
Only as  administrator, I can see the students names
! Thanks
Einat

In reply to Einat Rozner

Re: תשובה ל: Re: exabis e-Portfolio-Module

by Andreas Riepl -
should work now, we just released a new version...

regards
andy

by Einat Rozner -

smile

The share option works and is better now - a stuent can choose the teacher of the course as well as the other students.

There is still a problem with the external link - student can't see his url.

Is it possible for a student to choose others that are in the moodle enviroment but not in his courses?

Thanks again

Einat

In reply to Einat Rozner

by Einat Rozner -
Hello Andreas
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gifcleardot.gif

andreas riepl

אל אני
הצג פרטים 6 מרץ (לפני 5 ימים)
cleardot.gif
השב
cleardot.gif
Picture of andreas riepl
by andreas riepl - Friday, 6 March 2009, 03:59 PM

regards
andy

cleardot.gif השב
cleardot.gif העבר
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gifcleardot.gifandreas rieplטוען...
6 מרץ (לפני 5 ימים)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gifcleardot.gif

andreas riepl

אל אני
הצג פרטים 6 מרץ (לפני 5 ימים)
cleardot.gif
השב
cleardot.gif
Picture of andreas riepl
by andreas riepl - Friday, 6 March 2009, 03:59 PM

regards
andy

cleardot.gif השב
cleardot.gif העבר
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gifcleardot.gifandreas rieplטוען...
6 מרץ (לפני 5 ימים)
cleardot.gif
In this version you get a separated link for each external view.
Maybe it's better as it was in the other version - one link for all the external shared items?

by José Ángel Polo -

I have installed Accordion Course Menu and I tried install Exabis e-portfolio 3.2.1 in mdl 1.9.3, and I have a problem.

When I "Add a View", "Your Items" can't incorporate to "View Design" (error: object don't allow this properties).

Regards.

In reply to José Ángel Polo

by José Ángel Polo -
I think this is the problem. My header contains this lines:

<script src="<?php echo $CFG->themewww .'/'. current_theme() ?>/accordion_course_menu/jquery-1.2.6.min.js"></script>

This script is not campatible width exabis new view. Thanks for your help.

No user id ???

by Fabio Batalha M. Barros -
I need a help.. I´m using exabis portfolio v.3.2.0 in my moodle (v.1.9.4) and i have a problem to see a portfolio for another user. I receive a message error: No user for ID .

Any idea?

Ps.: i do a translation for portuguese (Brazil).
In reply to Fabio Batalha M. Barros

Re: No user id ???

by Fabio Batalha M. Barros -
Ok, i´m instal the new version 3.2.1 and the sharing portfolio is ok now.

The file with the translation for portuguese-BR (Brazil) is here. Thanks a lot.

I´m from a public education institute from Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. Congratulations for the exabis portfolio, it works good and easy for moodle.

Re: No user id ???

by Rafael Sousa -
Olá Fábio!

Poderia me informar como traduzo o portfolio utilizando este arquivo que você disponibilizou?

Agradeço desde já!

Ang: No user id ???

by Per Hessellund -
I am experience the same problem - the user ID is not correct. The link lokke like this:
http://mysite.com/blocks/exabis_eportfolio/shared_portfolio.php?courseid=54&access=id/334

and leads to: No user for this id!

Furthermore links to added portfolio don't work. ex when I ad a link to a url it point to this url: http://mysite.com/blocks/exabis_eportfolio/shared_item.php?courseid=54&access=portfolio/id/4&itemid=3&backtype=all

I am running Moodle 1.9.4+ and exabis portfolio v.3.2.2 (downloaded today).

Any solution?

Best regards
Per
In reply to Per Hessellund

Ang: No user id ???

by Per Hessellund -
I've tried to create a short video description (3 minutes) of the problem - maybe it can give a better understanding of the problem.

Watch the video here

In reply to Per Hessellund

Re: Ang: No user id ???

by John Rizzo -
I am getting the exact same errors...i am excited to use the eportfolio but can not find a solution to these.  Any assistance would be great.
In reply to John Rizzo

by pro-web at -
Hi John.

Just a few questions:
Have you updated from an older eportfolio version?
What's the moddle and eportfolio version?
What is the exact url, when you get this error?
Are you logged in as a "student", or as administrator and "log in as..."?
Can you provide me with a user+pwd to login to checkout this error for myself?
What are your eportfolio block settings?
(click settings next to exabis eportfolio on http://.../moodle/admin/blocks.php)

Maybe you can send me your skype contact?

thanks for your feedback, daniel.
In reply to pro-web at

by John Rizzo -

Hi daniel,

Here is my info:

1. This was fresh/new installation of eportfolio not an upgrade.
  2. Moodle Version - 1.9.4+ (build 20090225)
  3. ePortfolio version - latest downloaded one week ago.  In manage blocks section version is listed as: 2009010101
  4. The URL for the "No User for this id!" error is here: http://moodle.mayfieldschools.org/blocks/exabis_eportfolio/shared_views.php?courseid=25&access=id/5
  5. I have logged in as a student, teacher and administrator.  i created the portfolio in my role as teacher and shared it with a student user.  logged in as that user and received the error message.
  6. There are only two block settings.  First is, "New E-Portfolio layout: including views, etc"  second is "Old E-Portfolio layout"  I have the first selected.

Here is a bit of background on the server side:

Windows 2003 server, MySql, PHP 5, Apache

I receive all three of the situations just as noted in the screencast shown a couple posts above..."no user for this id", "No bookmark" when trying to download an artifact, Personal information does not display after updating.

After looking around for a while i looked at the mysql database as well but wasnt really sure what should be there and should not...however, i noticed one table referring to "sharing" or "userid" had 0 rows after sharing the portfolio...i thought that was odd...maybe something is not getting written to the DB...but this could be a rabbit's trail too...

any insight would be great...if need be i can set up a login or maybe skype... 

In reply to John Rizzo

by Andreas Riepl -
hey john, i think we have solved your problem, can you check it out?

http://pro-web.at/gtn_svn/repositories/exabis_eportfolio-3.2.3-revision-163.tar.gz

regards
andy

by Colin Kerner -
Hi everyone

I too am still getting the "No user for this id!" sharing error - even after installing the v3.2.3 (2009051901) exabis. This is on Moodle 1.9.5.

Also, I have to use the Old E-Portfolio layout in the settings as, when using the new layout, I cannot access a portfolio item without creating a view. If I create a view, then try to access it, I simply get a "View not found" error. In addition, the "Sharing: No Access (Change)" steadfastly fails to respond, so there is no sharing.

I can edit the view, but each time I do, the number of entries of the same item increases by two.

I hope someone can help - at least with the No user...... error. I can do without the views, but not sharing.

Regards
Col

Compatible with MSSQL?

by Mark Picker -

Hi,

Is the Exabis e-Portfolio module compatible with MSSQL?

I've just installed 3.2.2 and seeing a lot of errors with the SQL requests.  I'm just wondering if it's something wrong with my install or if the block isn't compatible with MSSQL (2008).

Cheers
Mark

In reply to Mark Picker

Re: Compatible with MSSQL?

by Andreas Riepl -
to be honest, we havent looked into that matter, can you provide us with a screenshot regarding the sql-statements - maybe we can fix that.

regards
andy

Re: Compatible with MSSQL?

by ryan zarb -

Hi there,

I too am trying to get this blocking working on my Moodle Site(tried on 1.9.5, 1.9.6 and 1.9.7). We are running MSSQL 2005 as well and having the same issues where files are not displaying.I would love to get this module working so if anyone knows a work around or a fix for this it would be in your debt smile.sql error

sql

About export and import

by ahmad abudawod -
Hi Mr.Andreas i have question , when i make export as SCORM and downloaded in my server then take this SCORM and uploaded in anther user i didn't see any new in my files , views , notes , and links every thing is same.Can you help me where is the content of uploaded SCORM while be shown in my portfolio

Exabis Student Review

by John Blaser -
Hi Andy,
I am trying to find some help with the Exabis Student Review block. Hopefully you or someone else here could help me with it. It seems to have installed fine and displays in my course. I have edited the class, members and entered the periods. However, whenever I click on either Review or Report, I get this error:

"Error at the configuration of the periods"

I can't see anything wrong with my configuration of the periods. I just named them and selected from the drop down menus.

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
John

by Colin Kerner -
Hi everyone

Firstly I must express what a great block this is. It's quietly being taken up and used by more departments than any other 'goodie' we've installed.

Exabis v3.2.2 (2009010101)
Moodle 1.9.4+ (Build: 20090422) 2,000 users
Firefox: 3.09
Internet Explorer 7: 6.0.2900

We're currently using v1.4 of Exabis on our production server with no problems.

I downloaded & installed Exabis onto my dev server and am impressed with the improvement in the sharing, particularly displaying users by course (although this can make for a very long list). However, I have two issues with sharing (neither critical, but both inconvenient). One affects Firefox, the other Internet Explorer.

Firefox has a Javascript error when clicking the 'Save Changes' button after making changes.

"Warning: Unresponsive script */blocks/exabis_eportfolio/js/jquery.js:680".

Clicking on either the 'continue' (twice) or the 'Stop Script' buttons results in an apparently successful save.

Internet Explorer:
The majority of our users access the site with IE7. It doesn't have the javascript error, but takes around 50 seconds to load the user list (Firefox takes <5 seconds), which seems an awfully long time - especially for users with the attention span of an elderly marigold (the students have even less).

As I say, neither issue is critical, but I'm wondering if there's anything I can do this end to sort them (the IE one is the most important from my point of view).

Best regards
Col
<")))))><
In reply to Colin Kerner

by Julie Harding -
Colin, in the hope someone responds to your question, we are having the same script errors. You are actually getting further with Explorer than we are as once the mouse crosses the 'view' screen, I am locked up and have to leave Moodle via task manager. Firefox did actually let me see the internal course list and add staff after a few script error messages. If anyone can offer advice for the explorer problem I would be most grateful.
In reply to Julie Harding

by Colin Kerner -
Hi Julie

Upgrading to Exabis 3.2.3 appears to have improved the issue considerably with both Explorer and Firefox. I'm about to apply it to my production server. I still can't get the Views to work, but that's just a minor annoyance.

Regards
Col
<")))))><
In reply to Colin Kerner

by Kristy Rhea -

Just in case someone is having this issue... I have upgraded to 3.2.3 and had issue with sharing views.  In IE8, when trying to share a view internally, I can check the box but it gives me no other options.  In Firefox, I see all available options, for Access All and Access only for the following users.  If I force IE to run in compatibility mode, it works just fine. 

If you do not get the broken page icon to run the site in compatibility mode you can do it manually by going to tools, compatibility mode settings, and add the site. 

In reply to Kristy Rhea

by pro-web at -
hi kristy, i will look into the IE8 issues!
In reply to Colin Kerner

by pro-web at -
hi colin,

do views still not work?
do you mean the issues you posted earlier?
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/post.php?reply=591131

regards, daniel.
In reply to pro-web at

by Colin Kerner -
Hi Daniel

The issues regarding sharing (script errors with Firefox and length of time for Explorer to display the userlist) are largely resolved - thankyou.

However, when using the New Layout, I can create a view (enter headline, add files & links and so on) but when clicking "Sharing: No Access (Change)", nothing happens at all. The (Change) link is underlined when the pointer 'hovers', but nothing appears in the browser's status bar, and the mouse buttons are ineffectual.

Clicking on 'Save Changes' appears to work OK, and I'm returned to the Views screen, with the newly created view visible. But, if I click on the View Name, the pink error bar "View not found" appears.

Two icons to the right of the saved view - Edit and Delete - I assume there should be a third to do with sharing, but it's not there. Both the Edit and Delete buttons work OK.

If I edit the view, I'm presented with two of everything. Each save and edit doubles the number of items in the view.

HTH

Col <")))))><
In reply to Colin Kerner

by pro-web at -
hi col,

which browser are you using?
we test the e-portfolio releases for the latest versions of firefox/chrome/ie7/ie8 on windows.
In reply to pro-web at

by Colin Kerner -
Hi Daniel

We're using;

Apache 2.2.11
Moodle 1.9.6 (Build 20091021)
PHP 5.2.8
MySQL 5.1.30
Exabis 3.2.3 (2009051901)

The majority of our users are on IE7, with a smattering of IE8 and Firefox, the problem is the same on all.

On my Dev server, by deleting the Exabis block and reinstalling, I can get a view to save and be found (no pink error bar), although the other problems remain - no sharing and doubling the entries each time the view is edited.

Unfortunately, deleting the block appears to delete all the user's portfolios and, as I have no access to them to export/import, I'm loath to take that approach.

HTH
Col
In reply to Colin Kerner

by klal klal -

hi col,

was it possible to solve the problem? we have the same issue und 300 students, who want to work on a system that functions... (you can imagine the mails)

• moodle 1.9.7
  • exabis 3.2.3
  • php 5.2.6
  • Apache 2.2.4
  • Firefox
  • internet explorer 7/8

thanx

klal

In reply to klal klal

by Colin Kerner -
Hi Klal

Although I haven't thoroughly tested everything (notably import/export, the problems with the views and sharing seem to be largely overcome.
As per advice given elsewhere (thanks Daniel), I downloaded

http://www.moodlekurse.org/course/view.php?id=13

and applied it by deleting and replacing /blocks/exabis_eportfolio completely, rather than the more usual updating by overwriting. As I said, I've not tested it fully as yet, but my Views and Sharing issues seem to have gone away.

HTH
Col
In reply to Colin Kerner

by klal klal -

hi Col,

thank you for your help. i will try it tomorrow.

maybe it helps

tschau

klal

by Killian Holmes -
Using moodle 1.9 uploaded exabis 3.2.2 to server. can't install block in admin and getting following message in notifications - WARNING!!! The Blocks version you are using is OLDER than the version that made these databases! What is the problem?
In reply to Killian Holmes

by Kaz Noble -
hi I've just uploaded the exabis and I kept get this error message 'WARNING!!! The blocks version you are using is OLDER than the version that made these database!' ... can you help please?

exabis e-Portfolio-Module 1.06 in Moodle 1.6.3 + Postgres7

by Fabian Teillier -

Hi there, my English is not my best lenguage but i'll try.

I have a Moodle 1.6.3 plataform install and for many reasosn i can not upgrade to a new or actually version.

My Moodle is on Pstgres SQL and i need to install e-portfolio on it, i'll try with various Mod/Bloks, and for various reasosn (My version of Moodle, My version of PHP, My version of Postgres or the fact of using Postgres) none of my intent can get my objetive.

Well, i found a great document with a comparatyion of 4 e-portfolios, on it i found information about EXABIS and the version for my plataform, EXABIS 1.06, i have it (downloaded) and try to install but in the folder /bloks/eportfolio/db (from EXABIS 1.06) don't exist the files postgres7.sql & postgres7.php...can any body help me to migrate mysql.sql & mysql.php (original from EXABIS 1.06) to postgres7.sql & postgres7.php?

many thanks

Fteillier

In reply to Fabian Teillier

Cannot import if not an admin?

by Kevin Gary -
Hello,

I just installed exabis e-portfolio on Moodle 1.9.5 running MySQL. No issues with install, but in use I am having 2 related issues. First, I cannot have non-admins see the "Import" function? Second, I import as an admin byt I get "Could not insert description!" in red at the top of the page.

I am trying to set up a template in the portfolio, so I created the structure of main and subcategories, and then exported the structure. But I cannot import as a student and recover that structure. Is there a good way to do this?

Thanks Kevin
kgary@asu.edu
In reply to Kevin Gary

Re: Cannot import if not an admin?

by Antonio Piedras -
I have just installed exabis portfolio from file "exabis_eportfolio-3.2.3-revision-168.tar.gz".
My site is an Moodle 1.9.5, with php 5.2.6 version and postgres database 8.3.8 version.

When i go to "My Portfolio" and make click on My portfolio tab, that show me this error message:

ERROR: column "i.userid" should appear in the GROUP BY clause or be used in an aggregation function

select i.*, ic.name AS cname, ic2.name AS cname_parent, c.fullname As coursename, COUNT(com.id) As comments from mdl_block_exabeporitem i join mdl_block_exabeporcate ic on i.categoryid = ic.id left join mdl_block_exabeporcate ic2 on ic.pid = ic2.id left join mdl_course c on i.courseid = c.id left join mdl_block_exabeporitemcomm com on com.itemid = i.id where i.userid = 684 group by i.id, i.name, i.intro, i.timemodified, cname, cname_parent, coursename order by i.timemodified desc
  • line 686 of lib/dmllib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 966 of lib/dmllib.php: call to get_recordset_sql()
  • line 99 of blocks/exabis_eportfolio/view_items.php: call to get_records_sql()
(no items yet)

And when i go to Shared portfolios tab, that show me this error:

ERROR: column "u.picture" should appear in the GROUP BY clause or be used in an aggregation function

SELECT u.id, u.picture, u.firstname, u.lastname, COUNT(v.id) AS detail_count FROM mdl_user AS u JOIN mdl_block_exabeporview v ON u.id=v.userid LEFT JOIN mdl_block_exabeporviewshar vshar ON v.id=vshar.viewid AND vshar.userid=684 WHERE (v.shareall=1 OR vshar.userid IS NOT NULL) GROUP BY u.id
  • line 686 of lib/dmllib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 966 of lib/dmllib.php: call to get_recordset_sql()
  • line 67 of blocks/exabis_eportfolio/shared_people.php: call to get_records_sql()

In this case, i think that correct syntax is:
SELECT u.id, u.picture, u.firstname, u.lastname, COUNT(v.id) AS detail_count FROM mdl_user AS u JOIN mdl_block_exabeporview v ON u.id=v.userid LEFT JOIN mdl_block_exabeporviewshar vshar ON v.id=vshar.viewid AND vshar.userid=684 WHERE (v.shareall=1 OR vshar.userid IS NOT NULL) GROUP BY u.picture, u.firstname, u.lastname, u.id

Any suggestion?

Thanks
In reply to Antonio Piedras

by pro-web at -
hi antonio.
thanks for your feedback.

yes i think the group-by-clause has to be changed for postgres.
can you change the sql-statements in your eportfolio block and then send me the updated files (please include also the block-version number)?

thanks, daniel.
In reply to Kevin Gary

by Marc Hermon -
Hey, Kevin,
I just came across your post as I was trying to do exactly the same thing in exabis e-portfolio. I am trying to use it as a teacher evaluation tool and wanted to have categories be teaching standards and so I was going to export and then let others import the template but then I saw they that non-admins can't import. I have not seen if you ever got an answer. Did you figure something out?

by José Jardines -
Hi, Andreas

Our install in the new version 3.2.1 and the sharing portfolio is ok!!!. The file with the translation for español is here.

I´m manager of the Virtual Campus in Public Health. Is a regional project of Panamerican Health Organization (PAHO) from City of Panamá, Panamá. Congratulations for the exabis portfolio.

by Guillaume Blot -
Hello,

I'm a French student in computer science. I've just finished a research onto Mobile
Learning through a 2 month placement. During these days, I've been working onto Exabis. I had to translate the E-portfolio into French language. Attachments are
the language pack files as requested.

Best regards

G.BLOT
GIP-EFTLV

by Mark Picker -

For those using MSSQL, please find below the change that I needed to make to:

/exabis_eportfolio/view_items.php

SQL statement on line 91

Changed the where/group by line from:

" where i.userid = $USER->id $sql_type_where group by i.id, i.name, i.intro, i.timemodified, cname, cname_parent, coursename $sql_sort";

to:

" where i.userid = $USER->id $sql_type_where".
  " group by i.id, i.name, i.intro, i.timemodified, ic.name, ic2.name, c.fullname".
  " ,i.userid, i.type, i.categoryid, i.url, i.attachment, i.courseid,i.shareall, i.externaccess, i.externcomment, i.sortorder".
  " $sql_sort";

I broke the line up purely for readability. Bolded parts are the changed/added bits of code.

The query statement now looks like:

$query = "select i.*, ic.name AS cname, ic2.name AS cname_parent, c.fullname As coursename, COUNT(com.id) As comments".
  " from {$CFG->prefix}block_exabeporitem i".
  " join {$CFG->prefix}block_exabeporcate ic on i.categoryid = ic.id".
  " left join {$CFG->prefix}block_exabeporcate ic2 on ic.pid = ic2.id".
  " left join {$CFG->prefix}course c on i.courseid = c.id".
  " left join {$CFG->prefix}block_exabeporitemcomm com on com.itemid = i.id".
  " where i.userid = $USER->id $sql_type_where".
  " group by i.id, i.name, i.intro, i.timemodified, ic.name, ic2.name, c.fullname".
  " ,i.userid, i.type, i.categoryid, i.url, i.attachment, i.courseid,i.shareall, i.externaccess, i.externcomment, i.sortorder".
  " $sql_sort";

Cheers
Mark

In reply to Mark Picker

by Mark Picker -

Also need to change:

/blocks/exabis_eportfolio/views_list.php

Line 142

Change from:

" JOIN {$CFG->prefix}block_exabeporviewshar vshar WHERE u.id=vshar.userid AND vshar.viewid='".$view->id."'".

To:

" JOIN {$CFG->prefix}block_exabeporviewshar vshar ON u.id=vshar.userid WHERE vshar.viewid='".$view->id."'".

Cheers
Mark

In reply to Mark Picker

by SVI eSolutions -

Hi, I installed the exabis-eportfolio and it works fine, love it actually.

But I would like to replace the "Personal information" in Information with the moodle profile and then remove the profile to create a type of 'wall' with all the users information, files and projects...

I also want to force the whole groupe to share their portfolios, is this possible?

Thanks for your help!

In reply to SVI eSolutions

by SVI eSolutions -

Actually my exabis-eportfolio isn't working fine, I have no save button on my View page, can not share anything either or see what I have uploaded.

Help!

In reply to SVI eSolutions

by Janet Smith -

Does anyone know if Exabis ePortfolio is or will be compatible with Moodle 2.0?

In reply to Janet Smith

by Greg McVerry -

Yes I would also like to know if the block will be available for Moodle 2.0. We were using it in 1.9 and then our district migrated to 2.0. We use a portfolio system that scaffolds students using exabis in 9th and 10th grade and then move to Mahara for 9th and 12th grade.

If eXabis is not going to work in 2.0 we are going to have to develop another solution.

I know the developers are wonderful volunteers and thank them for their work.

In reply to Greg McVerry

by John St -

I'm also wondering if eXabis will be available for 2.0... Any news?

In reply to John St

by Susana L. -

I'm also wondering smile... will eXabis module be available for 2.0? When?

Cheers,
susana

In reply to Mark Picker

by Jim Bennett -

Thanks for this code Mark - it made my life a lot easier getting this block working.  I also needed to change all database fields which were of datatype TEXT to NVARCHAR(max), since SQL Server can't do a Group By on TEXT datatype fields.

by Juan Rozo -

I have a question which I haven't been able to find an answer for... Maybe someone here knows:

Are students portolios literally linked with assignments, or when you link it to an assignment it makes a copy?

By this I mean: imagine a student includes an assignment in his/her portfolio. Then for administratrion issues the course (with all its assignments) gets erased... Would this also erase the assignment from the student's portfolio? Or does this module actually create copies of assignments included in the portfolios so that they are independent to changes such as assignments or course deletions?

We are thinking of using this in my school to have students have a continuous portfolio from 6th to 10th grade, but courses are erased at the end of each year so I don't know what would happen to their portfolios when courses are erased...

by Juan Crespo -
Hello, Do you know if spanish or catalan language version is avalaible? I have took a look to http://www.moodlekurse.org/course/view.php?id=13 but I don't find it. Can you help me? Thanks Juan
In reply to Juan Crespo

by Joachim Vogelgesang -

Neither Spanish nor Catalan, Exabis e-Portfolio includes Basque language eu_utf8.

In reply to Joachim Vogelgesang

by Juan Crespo -
Are you responsable of project? If you want, I can send you a translation to Catalan. Now I have problems using exabis because the php version that I have in my server is 5.1 but when I solve this with charged people of this subject, I will have time to translate it and send it, maybe to you or another person of the project. Kind regards, Juan

by Sonia Coiro -

I would like to know if the exabis e-Portfolio-Module block will be available for Moodle 2.0/1.

Does it? I've to now it, because I've to decide me to an e-portfolio system. (exabie solution could be one)

regards, sonia

In reply to Sonia Coiro

by Andreas Riepl -

Hello Sonia, yes it will be, we just published a current version,

regards

andreas

by John Blaser -

Hi,

I used the module with my 7th grade students this year. It worked quite well. The students found it easy to use and for the most part we were able to configure it for our needs.

The one issue I have had is editing the student portfolios. There are times when I would want to make some simple edits to their portfolio (mostly titles of entries or minor mechanical errors in their writing). However, when logging in as the students, I am unable to access their portfolios (as the student). There doesn't seem to be any way to do this. Is it possible for me to access their portfolios when I login as them? If not, is there a way to configure that in the module code?

Thanks,

John

In reply to John Blaser

by Miles Kimball -

Similar problem: Some students from last year created views set to share with all users. Now new students can see those views. We're concerned that the new students might plagiarize.

We can't 'login as' and change the view settings, and we can't edit the settings through any sort of admin function we can find. The old students are gone, so we likely can't get them to change the view settings themselves.

Is there any way to remove or edit these views?

If we delete the user accounts from Moodle, would that do the trick? (We'd prefer not to do so, of course.)

Miles

In reply to Miles Kimball

by Martha Gold -

Hello Miles and John,

I have the same issue with Moodle. I want to "login as" a student to create screen shots for a tutorial to teach our students how to set up and use the eportfolio, however, I cannot do that. Any suggestions?

In reply to Martha Gold

by John Blaser -

Hi Martha,

After creating a student account, I went through the process that the students would use and created my own portfolio. I did this so I would understand the process and be better able to assist the students. As I did it, I did screen captures to use in a document that explains exactly what they need to do to put together their digital portfolio for my course. I would recommend doing the same thing.

John

In reply to John Blaser

by Martha Gold -

Thanks John. I'll let you know how it goes!

by Martha Gold -

Hello Andreas,

Do you have a tutorial for students on how to use ePortfolio? Specifically, I'm looking for something that shows students how to import assignments from Moodle. Thank you.

-Martha Gold

by Jim Bennett -

We are using Moodle 1.9.12 and version 3.2.branch (2009121801) of ePortfolio.

Whenever we try to add a View, we get the error:

There was an error adding this post in the database

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to resolve this?  Users are able to add items to their portfolio, but are unable to create views to share them.

I also notice that when we try to select whom to share it with, using "Access only for the following users", it returns No users found

I've been trying to resolve this for a few days now and have hit a dead end.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In reply to Jim Bennett

by Martha Gold -

Hi Jim,

I'll take a stab at diagnosing your problem and Moodle Forum participants, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. It sounds like one of two possibilities to me. One: there is something wrong with the "share" function of your ePortfolio. I'm assuming that is what you are referring to when you say "add a view."

Two: You might be trying to share, but have not one to share with. One thing you might want to check is the list of participants in the course through which you are offering. If you do not have participants in the course or if you're trying to share with the person who already has the portfolio, you might be getting that error message.

In reply to Martha Gold

by Jim Bennett -

Hi Martha,

Sorry to take so long getting back to you.

You are correct in statement one - we are having a problem with the share function.   We want students to be able to share their eportfolio's with other users.

With respect to statement two, there are active participants in the courses in question.

We are able to add content to the eportfolios with no problem - we just can't share, and that is a critical requirement for us.

Our installation here is a little unique, so I'm wondering if that may be causing some sort of issue.  We use one code-install of Moodle and have multiple databases - one for each school.  The initial config file that loads, looks to the url of the site and loads up the config file for that particular school.  Since all the environment variables are pointing to the correct database once the config has finished, I'm assuming that it shouldn't be an issue.  We have 50 school databases all together.

In reply to Jim Bennett

by Martha Gold -
Hi Jim, So sorry to take so long in responding. I'm afraid my delay is due to not having an immediate solution. If the people with whom you want to share portfolios are all showing up in Participants, but not in the share function, then it may be something to do with the initial install. I'm stumped and wondering if someone with more experience with the ePortfolio function can answer this. Sorry.
In reply to Martha Gold

by Jim Bennett -
Hi Martha, Thanks for trying. If I find a solution I'll post it here for future reference. I'm sure it's something silly going on with our configureation here. Thx.

by Alex Delaforce -

I am testing this block as I would like to use it with Year 7 this year. I cannot currently import a Moodle Assignment. I have put a test assignment file in the assignment and then when I log in as the student I get

"At the moment you have no submission at any assignment!"

I think I am probably missing something very obvious.

All suggestions very welcome.

In reply to Alex Delaforce

by Janet Smith -

We are running into a problem with the latest release of Exabis (2015060901) on Moodle 2.8.6+.

When we go to "Import a Moodle assignment" we select the assignment. We are then taken to a page to select a Title and a Category. Once we save this we get "invalid course module id" error.

The problem seems to be the page where you add the Title and the Category is expecting the user to upload a file, despite the selected file to import appearing at the top of the page.

Here is the debug info:

Debug info:
Error code: invalidcoursemodule
Stack trace:
    line 463 of /lib/setuplib.php: moodle_exception thrown
    line 171 of /blocks/exaport/import_moodle_add_file.php: call to print_error()

We tried this on a test 2.9 site and got the same error. We confirmed permissions and checked the Exabis settings and don't see anything preventing this from working. This is a critical feature for us and the main reason we use Exabis. Can someone help?

In reply to Janet Smith

by Jenny Blanch -

Hi Janet

did you get any help on your query or work it out - I am having the same problem

by Jenny Blanch -

Hi

I have just recently add e-portfolio to our school moodle site.

Everything seems to be working perfectly except when I try and import assignments from moodle into the portfolio.

Error comes up relating to database

any ideas

thanks

In reply to Jenny Blanch

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

This looks to be a PHP/Database error, but IANAD, so it is not much more than a guess on my part. Would suggest you place this as a Moodle Tracker Item, AND at the plugin page, enter the details of any error message you get in a message to the maintainer. I am sure that Andreas would only be too willing to help - if he knows about it. BTW, the last update to the block was in October last year, so previous issues may have been resolved then. This may be something new.