Cannot modify profile picture...why?

Cannot modify profile picture...why?

by Blue Magica -
Number of replies: 13
my users are trying to upload profile pictures and i tried myself, but as i click "update profile" it goes to the main profile page and the picture is the default one, not the one we uploaded.....why?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Blue Magica

Re: Cannot modify profile picture...why?

by Jeffery Watkins -
Make sure you clear your browser cache.... you might be seeing what is saved in there.

Jeff
In reply to Blue Magica

by Emmanuel de Ternay -

I have the same problem with the moodle site (http://moodle.org). But I could actualize my image profile in my local site. I associated the problem to the configuration of the firewall I have to pass to access the internet, but I didn't make any more test to confirm this hypothesis. Do you have any firewall to access your site? Check its configuration to see if this can be the issue.

In reply to Emmanuel de Ternay

by Mauno Korpelainen -
In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

by Blue Magica -
hmm...nope problem still there......maunu could you take a look at the my site?

by Emmanuel de Ternay -
Just tried to upload my profile picture in moodle site from home (without firewall) and it didn't work. And I can't change the parameters: I'm not an adminstrator of the moodle site.
In my site I could upload my profile picture without any problem.

by Blue Magica -
@mauno: www.burningice-games.com/gmschool
if you need admin access, give me your email, and i will send you the name and pass.

And i have no idea, why it stopped working, i uploaded my own pics and such, but ......ohwell, it dosent work......for some odd reason now the users cant upload avatars......
In reply to Blue Magica

by Mauno Korpelainen -

I just visited your site and my user image is there...

Try once more to UNSELECT Use slasharguments setting

Administration -> Server -> HTTP

In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

by Blue Magica -
hmmm....i didnt do anything, its miraculously fixed by itself!

and where is this "Administration -> Server -> HTTP"? site administration block? i dont see server there?
In reply to Blue Magica

by Mauno Korpelainen -
If your moodle is version 1.6 go to Administration -> Configuration -> Variables and find slasharguments: change it to other value.
In reply to Blue Magica

by Al Padkowsky -
I had the same problem, but fortunately I am using a Moodle partner for my hosting. The answer in my case was " your site was set to show that the GD library was not installed (in the server settings, system paths). I re-enabled it and tested your picture profiles work fine now."