Importing WebCT's text-based format quizzes fails

Importing WebCT's text-based format quizzes fails

by Toshihiro KITA -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi,

I try to import my WebCT CE4 text-based quiz files to Moodle 1.6.2+ by uploading but not successful.

Even the sample quiz file in the help file Importing "WebCT Quiz Format" files as attached to this post fails like:

1 error(s) detected
* Too few :ANSWER, :Lx, :Rx statements for question line 0. You must define at last 2 possible answers
1 warning(s) detected
* Missing question label after line 0
There are no questions in the import file

How can I get it work? Does anyone have same experience?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Toshihiro KITA

Re: Importing WebCT's text-based format quizzes fails

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
There's quite a few bugs floating around about this. I am (finally) getting around to sorting this out once and for all.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Pierre Pichet -
Hi Howard
I am finishing the update of the tool for importing the WEBCT courses
i.e. WebCT CE4 import tool of Dan Stowell.

http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=94

If you think I can help you setting these bugs, just send a message.
Pierre

P.S. The updated CE4 tool can import all question type even calculated ones although it is not doing it with elegance because as you suggested some months ago, various functions should be added to some of the question types including the calculated question type so that the import process can be easily done from various files formats.

In reply to Pierre Pichet

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Pierre,

I need to catch up with the work you *have* done. Could you pull together what you have done so that I can incorporate the fixes.

Many thanks!
In reply to Howard Miller

by Pierre Pichet -

Hi Howard

I will be able to send you a first draw with comments on moodle developper docs next week (tuesday?).

Pierre

P.S.we could fix things first with direct calls to the database and later build the necessary import functions for datasets and dataitems in calculated questiontype. These functions are also need for further develoment of calculated questions and should be created in collaboration with Tim.

You could see part of the development on http://docs.moodle.org/en/Development:Calculated_question_1.7_bug_solving_proposal 

This was stopped for the Webct->Moodle work.