memory allocation error

Re: memory allocation error

by Sean Keogh -
Number of replies: 7
Hi Joe,

If you go to the Administration menu in moodle, to the configuration section, you will see a menu entry labelled "Modules".

This lists all of the modules that are currently installed in moodle.  If you are not using a particular module type anywhere in your courses, then you can disable it here (by clicking on the "eye" icon) or remove it completely.

Modules use a certain amount of memory within your PHP space, even if they are not being actively used in a course.  Disabling or (if you feel you are never going to use them) removing them can therefore save some memory.

Oxford Beardie
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Sean Keogh

by Joe Griffin -
Hi

I've done that and so far everything is OK.  I'll keep a check.

BTW  Oxford Beardie doesn't sound as Irish as Sean Keogh (I'm in Co Clare) smile
In reply to Joe Griffin

by Sean Keogh -
Glad to help.

I have relatives in Arklow, but I was born in London and lived all my life in the south of England.

Sean (Beardie) Keogh
In reply to Sean Keogh

by Griff Jon -
I am getting the same error, but I can't even load the admin page!  The machine has 256MB ram, surely it can't need more than that? 

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 11520 bytes) in /var/www/html/moodle/mod/workshop/lib.php on line 1712
In reply to Griff Jon

by Timothy Takemoto -
Dear Griff Jon,
This is a common error message resulting from the way you have your server set  up, and there are a variety of ways of getting around it. Please take a look in the FAQ from the link in your post and this to the article on Allowed memory size.

Tim

In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by Griff Jon -
*foreheadslap* thanks, I thought I'd checked all the FAQs, but I missed that Q/A.