Almost all assignments missing from the Set Categories Tab???

Almost all assignments missing from the Set Categories Tab???

by Kevin Audleman -
Number of replies: 4
Using Moodle 1.5

I just set up a course with 25 gradeable assignments. I went into the gradebook and clicked on the 'Set Categories' tab. To my chagrin, only four  assignments were visible. I left and did some more futzing with assignments. When I tried going back into the gradebook (in the vain hope the thing had fixed itself) only two assignments showed up!

I'm stuck with all assignments being in the uncategorized category, and having them grouped intelligently was a major part of my course design. Help!

Thank you,
Kevin
In reply to Kevin Audleman

Re: Almost all assignments missing from the Set Categories Tab???

by Rebecca Barrington -

I am also investigating this.  It seems that only assignments which have a numerical grade are allowed to be categorised.  Any that use a custom scale (which is most in our college) cannot be added to a category as far as I can see.  We desperately want to be able to do this! 

Anybody have any ideas how we can add assignments with custom scale grades to be categorised?

In reply to Rebecca Barrington

by Michael Penney -
Get the latest version of Gradebookplus2, it fixes the problem with displaying scales. Scales don't return a maximum grade, though, so numerical scales won't affect the total points.
In reply to Michael Penney

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Will Gradebookplus2 work with 1.7? Is anyone working on getting that ready? I would think the majority of the work would be on adding the role-related code on  capabilties. Will there be a couple of branches 1.6 and 1.7 available? I would like to move towards 1.7 as soon as possible so that we can offer accounts to our parents; however, I've become hooked on the Gradebookplus2 features and do not want to deprive my teachers of the great flexibility they have with it. It is so challenging to have to choose between 2 good things so I am hoping to just be able to have them both. Let me know if there is anything I can do to be supportive.