Drag & Drop with IE

Re: Drag & Drop with IE

by Alex Walker -
Number of replies: 5

Just to add, I've found it to work on the latest versions of Google Chrome and Firefox, but not Safari or IE.

In reply to Alex Walker

by David Hallam -

From what i userstand it does not work in any current versions of IE at the moment. At our college we also use ie9 as it is controlled via active directory so we can not use the file drop at the moment.

I think it is because if you look at the HTML5 compliance of ie9 File API is not supported and i think this is what it uses.

Hopefully IE10 will support this but microsoft has no relese date of yet. i assume it will be around October with the relese of windows 8.

Good old microsoft keeping ahead of the curve, makes you laugh as firefox supports so much more and you dont even have to pay for it.

In reply to David Hallam

by Gerrard Shaw -

Was just about to post about the same issue!

Looks like we'll be using Google Chrome (controlled with ADM templates) as our main browser next year as the drag & drop makes it so much easier for tutors.

In reply to Gerrard Shaw

by Álex González -

I'm having the same issue.

Is there a way of downgrading or changing the upload file plugin to an older one (with Moodle 2.3.1), to a less beautiful version but compatible with Internet Explorer?

Thanks.

Regards,

Álex

In reply to Álex González

by llywelyn morgan -

unfortunately, drag and drop has never worked with ie so this wouldn't solve the problem

In reply to Alex Walker

by Cameron Penna -

Actually works in Safari 6 but not Safari 5 which was reported in another thread.