How to add hint to a question in Moodel2.+??

How to add hint to a question in Moodel2.+??

by Arvind Saini -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I am new to moodle and i have installed Moodle2.+.

Now i want to add hint to a question in a quiz.

Is this possible in Moodle2.+ or hint can be added by some othet means i mean by making some changes in the code?

Any type of help will be appreciable.

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Arvind Saini

Re: How to add hint to a question in Moodel2.+??

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

What to you mean by a hint? Moodle 2.1 has something called hints, which are used if you switch your quiz to 'Interactive with multiple tries' behaviour, but that may, or may not, be the functionality you are looking for.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Arvind Saini -

Thanks Tim for your reply...

By hint i mean that there will be a button name hint, so if student feels that he need help for that particular question thn he can see hint by clicking on that button.

In reply to Arvind Saini

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

That is not available in Moodle 2.1.

In Moodle 2.1, if you choose 'Interactive with multiple tries" for how questions behave, this is what happens:

1. The student sees the question with a space to put in their answer, and a 'Check' button.
  2. If the student enters their answer, then clicks check, and their answer is wrong, then they get a hint and another go.
That is, the student has to try to get the question right, rather than just click a 'Hint' button, in order to get a hint.
If someone wanted to try to implement the behaviour you want in Moodle 2.1, then that would be possible, becuase 'Question behaviours' are a type of plugin. It might be no more than a few days work, for someone who knew what they were doing. http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Developing_a_Question_Behaviour (I'm afraid I don't have the time.)