iframe on Moodle forum

iframe on Moodle forum

by Iker Cillero -
Number of replies: 3
Hi,

It is possible to insert an iframe in a forum post?

In the html editor, I toggle to html source and I insert the next piece of code:

<iframe height="300" width="300" src="http://www.google.com"> Google</iframe>

Then I toggle again to the wysiwyg mode and it appears to work perfectly.

But when I save the changes the iframe doesn't appear on the post. It looks like the tags have been filtered. If I edit the post again All the tags have been disappeared.

There is any workaround to insert an iframe in a forum post? Am I missing some kind of configuration?

The same problem in the wiki activity... I haven`t research for more activities.

PD: I have try it in this post and I have the same problem.

Thanks in advance.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Iker Cillero

Re: iframe on Moodle forum

by Mauno Korpelainen -

Forum is one of those activities that all students are usually allowed to use and iframe on the other hand is one of those tags that can be used for attacks by malicious people - if you let them do it.

If you trust your students you can add iframe to $ALLOWED_TAGS in weblib.php

Otherwise you could for example add iframes to such resources, labels, blocks etc that students can see but may not edit and add just links or attachments to your forum posts...

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

by Iker Cillero -
Thank you for your replay Mauno,

It really makes sense, but it would be great if we could be able to configure that allowed tags in Moodle configuration and not in the code. Maybe in 2.0 wink

Thanks again

In reply to Iker Cillero

by erik philip -

Leave iframes from forums. Its better for a safer community. Do it on your homepages only.

Erik N,

iframe html