Lesson activity available to guests

Lesson activity available to guests

by Olumuyiwa Taiwo -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Plugin developers
Several courses on one of my Moodle sites have been set up to allow guests in without the enrolment key. This is so that they can look around, but not take part in any activities until they are enrolled on the course. So far, I have been able to restrict their ability to participate in forums, face-to-face, wikis, etc. by setting the appropriate permissions for the capabilities of the guest role.

But I'm unable to find any capability that allows me to restrict the ability of guests to do the Lesson activity in courses. It seems that as long as they have the moodle/course:view permission set to allow (which needs to be set so that guests can view the courses), they are able to do the Lesson activity.

Is there a way to ensure that the Lesson activity is not available to guests?

Thanks,
Muyi

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Olumuyiwa Taiwo

Re: Lesson activity available to guests

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
You are right, there is no "attempt" capability for the Lesson capability (in Moodle 1.9). I guess that the reason is that the Lesson module is no longer actively maintained and was never updated for capabilities, unlike the Quiz module. I have created bug report MDL-20087 for which anyone interested can vote.
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Olumuyiwa Taiwo -
Picture of Plugin developers
Thanks for confirming this, Joseph. I've added my vote for the issue to be fixed.

Muyi

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Naveed Max -
Joseph,

I also voted on MDL-20087. But, I think, in lesson, instead of calling it an "attempt" issue (which might be mixed up with 'Maximum number of attempts' in Flow control box' in lesson setting, it should be a "Student can re-take" issue in 'Grade option' box in lesson setting.

In Grade Option box, "Student can re-take" has only two options. Yes or No. So, it should has, just like in quiz, 1 to 10 retake options..

Thanks,

Naveed