Login Problems - Fatal error

Login Problems - Fatal error

by John Joseph -
Number of replies: 4
Hello Everyone,

I am having an issue with our Moodle install, I have some people that can log in with no problems and I have some that get's a fatal error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method MoodleQuickForm_hidden::MoodleQuickForm_hidden() in D:\Program Files\Apache2.2\htdocs\moodle\lib\pear\HTML\QuickForm\element.php on line 363"

We are running this as you can see on a Windows Box 2003 Server with Apache 2.2.11 php 5.3.0 with Active Directory Logins.

We are not sure why some can log in and some can't...

Thanks for any and all help in advance.

John Joseph
Technician
Lakewood City Schools.

(Edited by Mary Cooch to remove MS Word formatting- original submission Monday, 3 August 2009, 06:07 PM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Joseph

Re: Login Problems - Fatal error

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Moodle is incompatible with PHP 5.3

As far as I know, you could *try* upgrading to the very lastest weekly build of 1.9.5+ or you'll have do downgrade your PHP to the 5.2.x branch.

I understand that this will be fully resolved in Moodle 1.9.6
In reply to Howard Miller

by Ali Kaafarani -

hello Miller,

can you  help me and tell me how i can upgrade from 1.9.4 to 1.9.5 please..

We have a big database on 1.9.4 with more than 1000 courses we are afraid to lose data..

need your advise...thanx for your time..

Ali 

In reply to Ali Kaafarani

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You *do* backup your database, don't you?? Before you do anything make sure you have good backups and that you regularly test restoring them. This is fundamental stuff.

After that see.. Upgrading. If any of that doesn't make sense please ask for clarification here.
In reply to Howard Miller

by John Joseph -
Thanks for the help, that solved the problem.

John Joseph
District Technician
Lakewood Board of Education