Tracking deadlines in the gradebook

Tracking deadlines in the gradebook

by Matt Gibson -
Number of replies: 11
I'm posting because this seems to be under the radar a bit. I really need to be able to see which students are consistently handing work in late so I can write reports on it, but the gradebook has no way of doing this. MDL-19226

Closely related is the need to know when there has been work submitted, but which has not yet been graded. Writing the reports is just as difficult if you can't see that the deadline has already been met on recent ungraded items, so there needs to be a standard way for modules to tell the gradebook to make a placeholder to show 'not graded yet' in some way. MDL-12513

How important are these things to other people? For me, they severely reduce the utility of the gradebook as a day to day management tool (although for recording grades it's amazing, of course smile )

In reply to Matt Gibson

Re: Tracking deadlines in the gradebook

by Dan Jeffries -
Hi

Yes - this would be massively useful to us too. We rely quite heavily on deadlines and to see this within the gradebook would be great.

And again - seeing submissions without the grading is ESSENTIAL for us too. We have to do reports which demonstrate how much has been submitted against whats been graded - which means printing off the assignment page for each task. If this doesn't become a feature I might well have to add 'submitted but not graded' as part of our Scale - but I don't think our tutors will be too keen on having to do this for every assignment.
In reply to Matt Gibson

by Paul Ganderton -
Hi Matt,

Add my vote! We rely on deadlines to set learning and organisation marks. It's a policy issue here with due dates etc. So any way of tracking this in moodle would be very useful.

Paul
In reply to Paul Ganderton

by Matt Gibson -
Good to hear you all agree! I should have asked people to vote on the two issues in my original post, but forgot to, so if you haven't already, please click on the links to the tracker items and vote on them so that they get fixed.
In reply to Matt Gibson

by Kathy Cannon -
Both of these functions would be very useful to our distance learning faculty and to our instructors who teach large, multiple-section courses with enrollments greater than 20.

Thus, it is key to the scaling of Moodle and its increased adoption as an enterprise-level tool. Is there a way to capture this kind of prioritization or attention for issues in the tracker?
In reply to Matt Gibson

by Chad Outten -
got my vote. i'm presuming - the main candidate, culprit we're talking about is assignment activity? i agree its limiting that no data is pushed to GB until activity is graded or feedback given. surely a student assignment submission, draft or otherwise shld be able to 'trigger' smthg in GB - is this more a limitation of activity module?
In reply to Chad Outten

by Rob Monk -

Yep bring this on. For my reports I had to log on as each student individually. When logged on as a student I would click on the assignment link and count the number of late items and incomplete items manually.

I think two features could be added to the user report.

1) any item submitted late appears in red in the user report

2) at the end of the user report have

Count of items submitted late:

Count of items not submitted:

That would save me a few hours.

In reply to Rob Monk

by Garth Brady -
YEAH!

We need to run reports that show what assignments students have not submitted.

Any movement on this?
In reply to Matt Gibson

by Deb Burdick-Hinton -
Just curious if you have seen the "Grade Me" block. Does not help with students who have not submitted work but is a HUGE time saver for instructors since you can see "at a glance" what manually graded items have been submitted that need your attention.
In reply to Matt Gibson

by James Ripps -

I think lateness needs to be an added feature to moodle. Knowing when an assignment is turned in versus when it should have been turned in is crucial for those of us in the high school and middle school levels of education.